1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood punished for breaking a team rule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 1, 2022.

1. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

But OF COURSE it wasn't Silas!
    And here I was, believing he finally had his testosterone injections.
    But no, he was hiding in the girls' room.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Okay what exactly did Wood do?

3. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I am ok if they cut wood and Kpj. Rockets might not be winning much, but it’s important to create a positive culture for the young guys. I think it’s also important to show players of the league, that the rockets won’t tolerate toxic players either. It’s one step towards a winning culture.

4. koby1868

koby1868 Member

You don't cut a kid like KPJ over one incident, it's been very positive for him since he got here. Nobody knows what took place last night.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interesting, multiple players, other than KPJ and Wood they did not act out.

No other names mentioned.

6. xaos

xaos Member

BuT hE aVeRAgeS 20/10!

AlperenSengun likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Some people here are more worried about the way Jalen Green talks and dresses than things that actually matters like Wood being 26 and yet still one of our most immature players.

8. xaos

xaos Member

And yes... people on this forum could see things like this coming from a mile away. Wood throws temper tantrums mid game all of the time when things don't go his way. Wood's peak trade value was this last off-season.

jcmoon, vator, AlperenSengun and 2 others like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

F Christian Wood. He's too weak mentally to ever evolve into the 4 or 5 needed on a championship contending team. He's already thinking he's arrived and he isn't even an average defender.

AroundTheWorld and jcmoon like this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Difference between good and bad character I guess.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Having one head case in the locker room is already bad enough, having two is just bound to blow up in your face some time.

This kind of toxic culture is terrible for Green and Sengun to grow in.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dressing is cool but he has to learn to speak clearly, everyone has to learn that. (Sort of minimum requirement)

It is not just him. The normal guy would be bullied for it but I guess he is lucky to be a millionaire.

Some rules do not apply to him but the average fan would want to understand what he is saying.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

?

Is this real life?

vator likes this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah it may help him reach out to more fans for sure, but for some Rockets followers sees it as a thing that defines him. Personally, where I grew up 95% of people around me mumbled and talked with a lot of slang. It took me about 3-4 years to grow out of it. I didn't know any better as a teenager and it certainly didn't define me. You say the normal guy would get bullied for it, but it's the other way around in some places. I don't have one hint if that in my speech anymore, but I had to grow out of it and needed exposure to the world to see how the corporate world viewed me because of it. I also needed to fix it in order to go where I wanted to go in corporate life. For Green, the list of things he needs to do to have a hall of fame career, fixing his diction is pretty low, although not completely unimportant.

#115 xaos, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    vator, saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Silas said in recent interview he has three non-negotiables, that have pre-defined consequences. Being on-time is one of them.

You mean, you wish he wasn’t benched for team rule breakage, or that you wish Silas had lied wrt the question about it, and said something like Wood wasn’t properly hydrated to start.

@Os Trigonum

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he is eating words at the end or left it unpronounced.

I have not followed his interviews for months so I just got to it because posters mentioned it.

Thanks to them I know more about him.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I waa on my way to an AA meeting when i realized the whole thing was being run by a bunch of drunks so i snorted some rubbing alcohol instead

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And the incident was probably due to Wood partying too much on NYE, making him late and hungover

jcmoon, Patience and SamFisher like this.
  20. csc177

csc177 Member

Since his team probably started walking all over him.

I stand corrected - Lucas did the barking for him.