1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Women or Menstruating Person…really?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It is forced for a reason. Also likely that there are places in Michigan were trans people get followed, harassed and beaten up.

We aren't a high brow kind of folk. The words are sometimes silly and confusing for all. But I'd rather try than pretend everything is fine the way it is.

BTW there's prob one or two qualified people who normally visit this forum that have something substantial to add to this thread. From the responses, you'd think it's about forcing dudes to sit while takng a piss.

Nook and TheJuice like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Whatever the reason is, most people, including most women, find this way of talking annoying.

It's about some weird virtue signaling among a small group of leftists. It's about using language as a weapon in a culture war. It doesn't help anyone.

Tomstro likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Your analysis of the situation, as far as who is weaponizing language in a culture war, is backwards.

One side is insisting on the use of less accurate language and turning her more accurate word choice into a news story about out-of-touch leftists.

jiggyfly and TheJuice like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

One side is just talking like everyone has been talking for ages. The other side, a very small, fanatical minority of out-of-touch leftists and virtue signalers, is artificially trying to force some weird, allegedly "more accurate" language on everyone else. It achieves nothing in terms of combating actual discrimination. It just annoys even the largely apolitical majority and will ultimately only help whomever calls out this nonsense. If the person to call it out is Trump, it will help him.

People care about being able to pay their bills and kerping their families safe.

Not about some weird ass Brown University or leftist San Francisco artificial "gender language" and 84843 pronouns.

No trans person will experience less discrimination because some virtue signalers call women "menstruating persons". This is some weird ass bullshit.

Tomstro and ROXRAN like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Also, I spoke to my wife about it and she says she does NOT want to be called a "menstruating person", thank you very much. I promise you the vast majority of women do not want to be called that either.

ROXRAN likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so after menopause do women turn into a pumpkin or are they still women? asking for a friend

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry. I meant "mxnopause"

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really don't see the big deal with people changing menstruating or pregnant women to people. I'm not gonna say it, if only because the thought of menstruating is icky. Nor am I gonna use pronouns. People are overthinking this a few levels...we all just gotta chill and not pretend there are definite answers. We're probably another 2 decades from understanding and accepting any of these issues...and the laws and it's subsequent interpretations, sweet mother of God.

It can be annoying because we are essentially catering to a small, once stigmatized, minority that's less than 5%(?) of the general population. I get that.

But being fed up over this and taking a "principled stand"? Puh-lease.... Let's talk about real examples of overreach like loony left laws or hysterical left shaming on social media instead.

I'm still puzzled why dudes here are acting like their positions are at the behalf of women. Is that supposed to be feminist? Virtue-singalling wut? So some women identify as men, but they have to eat it because other women are "annoyed"? Who cares about that minority who are still women among the angry folk's eyes...defend the women you agree with to prop up your personal opinions and annoyances.

In the trans swimmers or public bathroom threads, women had issues of XY folk being in their midsts and felt pressured by them. I don't really see that here with women transitioning as men. Some of those trans men have it worse since if they were somehow exposed, they can be followed, harassed, and assaulted with the "less natural physiology" of a man.

So it's still something we all gotta talk about. It's damn confusing and uncomfortable but mental illness is the rage of our times. One might think trans or sexual identity is an illness. I'm more worried about the violent variety who justifies their tendencies by considering trans as abhorrent.

jiggyfly and TheJuice like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This seems to be the crux of the issue here for you and many on the right.

Curious - why is it that scientifically you reject the idea that a human born with woman parts was actually wired as a male? We see gene expression get screwed up where XX gets male parts and XY gets female, or sometimes both. These errors happen with a given frequency as our genes contain the information for us to be either sex.

There may be environmental factors but they aren't what you probably think they are, and still there is certainly a genetic component to this. Is that something that you don't agree with or something that you acknowledge?

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I just asked my wife the same and she interestingly enough agreed
    I acknowledge that - certainly males or females can choose to be different and they deserve that choice …but you can’t change the fact females become women at age 18 and older and because they are the only ones that ovulate, they are also the only ones that give birth -
    Henceforth we need biological females that become women to give birth- females can also give birth before they become 18 as well - not yet women but females on the way

now If a biological female decides to identify a different way and take procedures to change appearance or medication that’s completely fine but that decision (or a male becoming a trans female)
    in no way should disqualify a woman as we have known it for thousands of years from being called a woman

Referring to women as a menstruating person is unnecessary and adds terminologies that most women don’t care for. We don’t need 8437 ways of identifying. I am completely for trans rights but that does not extend to halting the terminology of a woman as a woman

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Two things I want to point out here.

1. How do you know it is a choice to be a gender? From the transgender people I know, if they had a choice they would have chosen to be their biological gender and it's quite traumatic to realize you were born with feeling you are a different gender than your body.

2. Who determines what kind of words people use to describe anything? We have multiple ways of identifying cars. They can be automobiles for instance. Are you saying we should police the use of words used by people to say they can't use terminology that we disagree with? This isn't just about political correctness, there is public health issues here as well. I would think that the people who are drafting the communications to accomplish a task should be free to use the language necessary to achieve their objective, as opposed to aligning with one political belief or another.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

A pumpkin.

Ironically, this way of segregating people is what the right actually wants. If you could change bathroom signs from women/men to "people who mentrate" and "people who don't" then the right would have it's way. Point is, the words women and men are not in jeopardy.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

Nobody has a choice on their gender it’s just a fact - You are what you are whether you wanna desire is a different conversation I’m just stating irrefutable facts . Women are women - I don’t have a problem necessarily with using different names like the car analogy that you’re talking about the problem is when we’re afraid of using the word woman Or putting qualifiers-Again there doesn’t need to be complication when a simple one-word answer solves the issue

14. ROXRAN

When the restroom door says woman we know what that means- Similarly just as it applies to me I’m not a non-menstruating person I’m a man- There is no reason to make Things more complicated in a world that certainly doesn’t need it

15. ROXRAN

Ps - No one ever says non-menstruating vehicle even though that might be accurate

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Are you saying that a person can not be wired mentally to be the opposite gender that their body represents? Because science would disagree with you on that one.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Right, a bathroom door SHOULD say "Women" because otherwise it would exclude transgender women if it had "people who menstruate"

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

which restrooms do the ladies that have passed menopause use?

I knew this thread was going to be ridiculous when the "@" was sent out to the village idiot in the original post

19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Not the popular folk science.

You said it in another thread, perception is reality. Why live in a world of grey when you can live in a world of black and white? It makes everything a lot easier.

People also don't like change, being told what to do, or feel like a minority is being kowtowed to. This is an example of all three. All discussions like this do is harm the trans community, but a lot of us are so ******* short-sighted we'll snap and bark like trained seals for stuff like this and neglect any serious progress. And the people who push for this crap the most are usually brain-dead, out of touch staffers who want to score PC points but still don't understand how what they say will get twisted and start an uproar like this thread.

Is that fair? No. But the world's not fair.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

People get offended so easily.

She was referring to people who can become pregnant. Maybe she should have just said “on behalf of all people who can become pregnant” if there isn’t a shorthand that everyone can agree with. It’s already been explained why “women” doesn’t work in the very specific context under discussion.