1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wolves dangling 5th pick for Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 13, 2016.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

#5, 2018 protected #1, Lavine...not a bad haul. Don't think it's enough though. A two way all-star locked up for 4 more years and in his prime? You don't trade those guys.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You nailed it, Butler's contract will become a BARGAIN this summer. When Biyombo gets a similar deal, when Barnes gets a bigger deal, Butler's contract becomes a huge plus.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

5th pick in a two person deep draft. Lol. Keep trying TWolves.

5th pick, LaVine and Dieng

4. dream2franchise

At the very least.

Besides, are Chicago really going to deal their best player to the team with the coach they just fired?

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Jimmy Butler is exactly the kind of guy the T-Wolves need. He would be an example for them of what Thibs expects from his players during practice and in games. He also brings a sharp edge to the floor.

Bulls need to trade Butler if they are committed to Hoiberg. Those two just don't go together.

This is exciting. I hope something happens.

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Haha I know right?

He doesn't want to be this close to home, this early in his career.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are there enough balls to go around in that lineup

Pretty promising future for the Wolves if it's done though

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

T-Wolves already defend the Warriors good with their current team. Them adding Butler would help their perimeter D even more. T-Wolves are the team of the future, maybe even championship contending if Wiggins would stop ballhogging so much.

As for Thibs, I hope he has learned to stop playing his players too many minutes.

10. malakas

malakas Member

ofc the 5th pick on its own can't be even the centerpiece. It's too low an offer.

I read that the Wolves beat writer reported that the Bulls want Wiggins.
    I would do it if I were the Wolves. Without the 5th pick tho.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

West already has too many star guards.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

only way i trade butler, who is young and under club control on a bargain contract and already a fantastic 2way star, is after i get denied asking for kat and the farm i land the following or something very close

butler/dunleavy for wiggins/lavine/dieng/#5/2017 1st rd(top 3 protected)

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Are you serious? Butler isn't that great. He's a third tier star.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

The problem is Butler hates hoiberg so Bulls don't necessarily have leverage. If I were Minny I'd trade 5th, next year's pick and Shabazz....maybe Lavine as a sweetener but I wouldn't give up any of the core pieces because honestly they don't need to Butler obv wants to play for Thibs again.

As for Minny, with both KG and Butler there and with Thibs as president I can totally see them kicking a lot of ass next season, those rooks in minny will totally be whipped into shape this summer lol.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Disagree Butler was able to go for 40 even with Ariza guarding him the entire game, he's obviously a great scorer, not a guy to carry a team like Harden but definitely a finisher to close out games. I think he's the closest player to Kobe in the league nowadays.

16. malakas

malakas Member

They have plenty of leverage in trade talks because there is more teams than Minny interested in him, and those teams also have much better assets to offer than just a 5pick.

Next year's Minny pick with Butler on the roster is not a good asset. Shabbaz is also not that great because not only he has only 1 more year cheap contract but also can't defend anything and can't pass the ball. He's not a starter quality player and doesn't even fit Hoidball.

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Closest player to Kobe...yeah um no. Butler's game consists of pulling up for a J with no explosive first step or handle to get him free. He's a rich man's Rudy Gay. Which means just a little more efficient.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

Honestly every year I have had high on the Twolves but every year they disappointed me.

Now with Thibs, i got a feeling KAT will be Noah part II.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...lls-timberwolves-spt-0614-20160613-story.html

20. rockets13champs

Towns at PF would be his natural position. U put Dieng or Noah at 5

You got
    Lavine
    Butler
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Noah