1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wokeism hits Beyoncé song: cancels word , update Monica Lewinsky wants another change too

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Aug 1, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought calling gay people "queer" was offensive regardless of the television series

Edit: https://www.google.com/search?q=queer+meaning&client=ms-android-cricket-us-rvc3&sxsrf=ALiCzsarvvlgr-9EKn-2AGkf7qKl2DL83g:1659639911544&ei=ZxjsYsXPIITdqtsPsfW_oAI&oq=&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYATIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCC4Q6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzIHCC4Q6gIQJzIHCCMQ6gIQJzoECCMQJ0oECEEYAVCGDVjFG2CWKWgBcAB4AoABvgGIAYwbkgEENi4yM5gBAKABAbABD8ABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

queer
    /kwir/

adjective
    1. 1.
      strange; odd.
      "she had a queer feeling that they were being watched"

unfamiliar
      unfamiliar to her" data-hw="unfamiliar" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?client=ms-android-cricket-us-rvc3&sxsrf=ALiCzsYz6kzfbsZdl71n4dOBoPqCU5IjFw:1659639923162&q=define+unfamiliar&forcedict=unfamiliar&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
      abnormal

anomalous

atypical
      atypical of the target audience" data-hw="atypical" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?client=ms-android-cricket-us-rvc3&sxsrf=ALiCzsYz6kzfbsZdl71n4dOBoPqCU5IjFw:1659639923162&q=define+atypical&forcedict=atypical&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
      untypical
      untypical of that period" data-hw="untypical" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?client=ms-android-cricket-us-rvc3&sxsrf=ALiCzsYz6kzfbsZdl71n4dOBoPqCU5IjFw:1659639923162&q=define+untypical&forcedict=untypical&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
      different

2. conventional

normal
      normal for puppies to bolt their food" data-hw="normal" data-lb="" data-tae="true" data-te="false" data-tl="en-US" data-tldf="" data-url="/search?client=ms-android-cricket-us-rvc3&sxsrf=ALiCzsYz6kzfbsZdl71n4dOBoPqCU5IjFw:1659639923162&q=define+normal&forcedict=normal&dictcorpus=en-US" style="max-height: 999999px;">
    3. 2.
      OFTEN OFFENSIVE
      (of a person) homosexual.

Opposite:
      heterosexual

straight
    verb
    INFORMAL
    1. spoil or ruin (an agreement, event, or situation).
      "Reg didn't want someone meddling and queering the deal at the last minute"

#41 pgabriel, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Salvy likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

R&B was so much better back in the non woke days

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Aight so crippled and lgbt people can listen to gangsta rap and not get offended because it was meant to offend them so no harm done but not Beyonce because although she did no mean to offend them she did and that's not ok because she is an inspirational singer so lets remove Beyonce's unintentional offensive slang. Got it!

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You thought wrong then. What do you think the Q in LGBTQ stands for?

You learned something today.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Until you posted this I had only seen LGBT but googling I do see LGBTQ. Typing my keyboard finishes with both.and Google gives both

Queer means "odd" so I still would refrain from using it in reference to gay people

tinman likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You seem very confused about all this...that one genre would have different expectations from another. I think this is a very simple concept to understand.

Yes, someone would be prepared for vulgarity listening to gangsta rap and therefore its less likely for them to be offended by it.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody was protesting Destiny's Child lyrics
    or even TLC
    @pgabriel
    @rocketsjudoka
    white woke people are too sensitive and maybe this is the first time they've heard female
    r&b singers

I don't see the scrubs protesting TLC
    some dudes in the passenger side window might be handicapped and can't drive themselves

@Salvy
    @Jontro

Salvy and pgabriel like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL, you just learned the term "LGBTQ" and now are trying to scold someone about it and you literally just learned the term 'Queer' you have no idea what any of this means, that's ok, but acting like you do ain't gonna cut it.

Queer in this case means 'Questioning' not odd, and that's how it is used in LGBTQ

Really just accept that you learned something new today and move on.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Relax bro I didn't scold you, you need that definition

I posted the definition of queer, strange odd are the first things listed

And it says offensive in reference to homosexual

Edit: what does questioning have to do with homosexuality?

#50 pgabriel, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    tinman likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

@Jontro

nobody is canceling BTS's lyrics
    they are lucky the wokesters aren't after them!

Jontro likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The word has a lot of history, I'm sure it can be used in offensive ways but that's true for a lot of words and it can be used as a slur, same as 'Gay' actually or 'homosexual'

13. tinman

Supporting Member

All words have history
    Without them we can’t write or read breh
    @Os Trigonum

Salvy likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Words started back in the day near Babylon
    hence the word 'babbling'

@Os Trigonum
    @ROXRAN
    then a thousand years later
    words have been used in all languages

for example, the word 'Up' might mean direction but
    the slang means something else

This is why contributing members are significantly wiser than non contributing members

word

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

tinman likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

i'll tell you a word that doesn't have a lot of history and is made by Woke White People and used by their puppet AOC to wokenize people

'LATINX'

Cortes didn't come to Western Hemisphere and spread Spanish to see Gringos make stupid words like that breh
    er amigo

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Chappelle spoke about this

Jontro likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On a side note

I have have a lot of respect for Beyonce as a star. I think she is arguably the biggest female pop star ever rivaled by only Madonna.

That being said I am so tired of the worship. That may not be fair but it's over the top imo. Also she's a pop star, I wrote on Facebook she isn't a great vocalist like Patti LaBelle and Aretha Franklin. OMG I couldn't believe how much people were upset.

Maybe I just don't appreciate her popularity and maybe I don't take into account the 24 hour news cycle but it just seems way too much.

No hate, I was more a Destiny's Child fan. Nothing against pop music

JumpMan and tinman like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who said words don't have history and yes words have a more impactful history than other words, kind of the point.

So wait, is it okay to make new words/terms or no? You realize that spanish then and spanish now are not the same because tons of new words have been added?

Sorry Tinman, times change, you can't live in the 90s for the rest of your life, the world spins and time goes on. Time to accept that.

No matter how much you scream at the clouds angrily you have no effect on the words that will be used a century from now.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I stand with you brother

Beyonce is from Houston, she gets some points for that

HOWEVER

she's not WHITNEY HOUSTON or JANET JACKSON
    Beyonce is overly dramatic in her vocals

She's not as smooth as Janet Jackson
    @Ziggy