1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woke up to slashed tires. What is wrong with people?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bäumer, Aug 7, 2016.

?

Psycho ex or random?

1. Psycho ex-girlfriend

37 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. Random POS

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. body slam

body slam Member

Bäumer did you call the police?

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Yeah and I filed a police report but no evidence and no witnesses means it is just documentation. My street and neighborhood are very well patrolled too. I really hope it is random. Ordered my cameras so if I have any further issues I will have it recorded.

I am not sure what time it happened. There was about 14 hours between when driving. I did not notice them being slashed when I got home at midnight but I also wasn't looking. We don't have mutual friends anymore so I am not too sure what I can really look into. I don't want to communicate with her in any way.

Good tip, I didn't consider that. It definitely has me a little on edge. I will probably do this if I have any more issues and can't solve it. I am hoping the cameras will have catch anything. At this point there is too much of a chance it is random and it would probably be a waste of time and money.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cleverly disguised "I live in Montrose" thread.

Seriously though, it's definitely personal. A random stranger wouldn't slash all 4 tires. Only thing you can really do is file a police report so it's on record for future happenings. Crimes like this need hard evidence, namely video, unless somebody confesses.

Maintaining perspective on the money end... it hurts, but consider the condition of your old tires compared to brand new ones. If your old tires had 50%-75% tread, the $700 turns into $350-$525. Sucks to have to pay the full $700 now, but it's not really $700.

Hope you find out what happens and good luck.

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

not sure if you buy the tires yet, but firestone and discount tire got 6 to 12 months no interest financing on tires, at least you can pay slowly