1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj Tweet] Houston and Portland working teams hard to get #3 or #4 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Because I think we need to upgrade defense and killer instinct at that position. Martin is good, but he's no batman. He's a 10 mil robin. To me, he's not a guy you build your team around, and personally, I don't want to build around Yao, Bosh, or Brooks either.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't know there were teams trading Batmans.

There are no Batman other than D-wade and LeBron so you better get used to the Planeteers and hope they can summon Capt. Planet.

#522 REEKO_HTOWN, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
    3 people like this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am pretty sure Martin is going nowhere. They would trade Brooks first.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure we'd keep Brooks over Martin. Brooks is cheaper, younger, and healthier. He's also just as talented a scorer and a better playmaker. They're both horrible defensively, so please explain why Brooks would go first.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The reasons you just listed is why Brooks is a better trade bait: cheaper, younger, healthier.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Higher trade value.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

A+ analogy sir. Well done.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Repped! We ain't gettin' Superman, so let's see what we can accomplish with the X-Men.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I never said he can't change for the better or he won't , but sometimes even in the right environment and supporting cast guys can still go bad, or even worse, pull those around him down with him too, directly or indirectly (a la Zach Randolph)

He's definitely talented but I don't think he has the athleticism or top notch intangibles to make up for it. For our team, I think a guy like Patrick Paterson (going with the UK theme here) would be much better.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I thought we were talking with the #3 or #4 pick though.

I love Patrick... he's a Carl Landry upgrade... but he's not someone you trade up in the draft to top five for.

If he falls to 14.. I say absolutely take Patrick, because he is lottery talent, but he's not going to be the Yao backup everyone is looking for... he's going to be a lot like Carl (only better - with more upside)

11. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I heard Pritchard hint he was no longer pursuing a 3 or 4 pick. Maybe they're not for sale, or the Rox beat them to it. Could also be a Pritchard smokescreen.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Will he be able to defend somewhat better than Carl? Will his defensive rebounding go up? I saw his interview on draftexpress,he said he wouldn't like to defend the 6'10"" PF's,and would prefer to defend SF's. That concerns me.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I would still take him over Carl Landry.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You know how a lot of people say that one of the best things about Chuck is he just does what he's asked... doesn't complain and does whatever will help the team.

Patrick is a lot like that. He's a people pleaser... sometimes to a fault. He's going to do whatever the coach asks him to and do his best at it.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Patterson is 8 lbs lighter than Carl as measured at the combine-- I believe Carl lost some weight between the combine and when he finally got to play. Patterson is .75 inches taller (6'9.25'' vs 6'8.5'' in shoes) than Landry and 4.5'' longer (8'11'' standing reach vs. 8'6.5''). I am also under the impression that Patterson has better technique. Landry may be stronger, but my guess is Patterson will be the better NBA defender.

Not sure about the offense... Not that Patterson is bad, but Landry is just really really good. Highly efficient scorer especially this past year with the Rockets.

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Mandry>Patterson

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I want to see the rockets to do either one of two moves:

Trade up for the 4th pick, Draft: Demarcus Cousins or Trade down with Minny or someone else and Draft: Larry Sanders & Paul George or Xavier Henry....

--RB

18. worzel gummidge

I forget who claimed it but Battier and Hayes were said to be the most sensitive about their minutes and Adelman had to take that into consideration during games.

19. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I like your signature man. Let's get er done. (D.Collison)

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Are you kidding me?!?!?! I'd kill to get the X-men. Think more along the line of the Mighty Morphen Power Rangers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.