1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Thoughts on Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketJoe, Jul 9, 2010.

1. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Member

Good read.. Woj slams LBJ and Gilbert...http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebrondecision070910

Lock if posted.

2. leebigez

leebigez Member

Maybe he was rooting for the teams thats was on tv the most. Thats why there are so many cowboy and yankee fans throughout the us. Back in the day with 6 channels, you had to watch te team that was on the most. In baseball, it was the yankees,dodgers,a's and thats about it before the braves. In football, it was the cowboys,steelers,raiders,dolphins,vikings for the most part.

3. Blake

Blake Member

great article. thanks for posting.

maverick carter should have been fired this morning

4. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

5. GATER

GATER Member

Never really followed the relationship of Gilbert and LeTravel. But at a gut level, I very much doubt Mike Brown and Danny Ferry warned Gilbert of anything. In retrospect, the only thing I'm convinced of is this. Gilbert recognized Brown's and Ferry's ineptitude a season (or two) too late.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Woj seems to say that with confidence, which suggests to me that he had heard this information on multiple occasions from his Cavalier insiders. Obviously at the time it wouldn't have made sense to report it, but at this juncture, it is quite apropos. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Cavaliers officials who had raised dissent over some of LeBron's antics, like the choreographed dances and what not ... only to be shot down by the owner who was willing to bend over backwards to accommodate LeBron whenever possible. I can't necessarily say that I'd blame him for taking that approach since obviously LeBron was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

More damning, in my opinion, was the decision to stick with Larry Brown for so long when it was obvious to many a long time ago that he didn't have the offensive acumen to get the best out of his young talent.

7. GATER

GATER Member

You mean Mike Brown, right? Then I 110% agree.

The Cavs have...er had...one of the best transition players of all time. And they played the game at a snails pace. And it doesn't stop there.

The Magic beat them as a 6'10" Hedo Turkoglu carved them up with Magic Johnson like passes. Not for even ONE series did Brown put LeTravel on Hedo. Pitiful.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Yeah... Freudian slip. Meant Mike Brown.

9. RV6

RV6 Member

yeah but he's not 40 yrs old...im slightly older than he is and i was able to watch plenty of astros games growing up, as well the Rockets. There's always games available of the bad teams locally, so that's not an excuse.

I think Woj hits it perfectly here....

10. T_Man

T_Man Member

That was a very nice article and straight to the point...