1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Sources: Houston Rockets progressing in talks to trade Victor Oladipo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Agreed, but with that in mind with anything less than 30 days from the trade deadline we CANNOT play Eric Gordon.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm expecting two mid 2nd round picks. Perhaps even one. Low balling at it's max, unless some team really wants him as an additional player to their squad in order to make a playoff run.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think that’s excessive. Teams are going to want to see you recently. They have short memories. The flashiest at the deadline are fresh their minds.

Week of deadline is acceptable to me. More than that is being overly cautious to the degree of risking value.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

because the funeral is now and not Sunday? I don’t know, I’m willing to give people the benefit of the doubt under these circumstances

gfab-babyboi and saleem like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That would be super depressing. We’ve at least got to get a 1st rounder for him. Anything less is not acceptable. It would shake my confidence in Stone. There’s gotta be a team that would pony up a 1st. I mean, we gave up a first for Terrence Williams for Christ sake

6. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

With almost any other player I agree, but with Eric he's always hurt right around the trade deadline.

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Stone botched the Harden trade. Should have never gotten a washed up Oladipo coming off of an injury. Especially when he’s been telling everyone he wants to play in Miami.

dcfma, glynch, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wasn’t a botch, IMO. Didn’t want Levert for a couple more seasons. Worst case scenario Dipo is just an expiring. I’m more cool with that than treading with Levert

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think there is a chance for a low first for VO, but it's not guaranteed. The quad injury has limited him from playing back to backs. Stone made a mistake going after him.

Aruba77 likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Guys like Norman Powell are pieces for a contender on the verge not the worst team in the league that needs a complete rebuild. Stone needs to get real and look long term

11. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I was only half watching cause I had a serious phone call but I’m reading that stone came and talked to the team at the start of the second half...had to have been that dipo was traded since wall eventually came back in

guessing wall/house/mac are still here...at least for another few hours

D-rock likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

where are u reading that?

TRIQSTER, FrontRunner and ak99999 like this.
  13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Levert lit it up tonight. We be getting some very good offers for Jarret Allen and Levert right now instead hoping for a late first rounder.

joshuaao, D-rock, glynch and 2 others like this.
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

I know it’s hard to believe, but Oladipo has had a significantly better month of March than Levert. It’s not even close.

15. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Twitter said stone came down to the bench and talked to the team or something. I will look for the tweets

D-rock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That was a fun game guys so has Oladipo been traded yet?

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

What does that have to do with Stone? If there is a a team willing to offer a first then we will get it, if we don't then there wasn't a team willing to offer that. Nothing really Stone can do about it.

18. thekad

thekad Member

Stone is the dope that traded an MVP for a package headlined by Oladipo. It has everything to do with him.

D-rock, Little Bit and HP3 like this.
  19. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

It was basically 4 FRP, 4 FRP swaps, and expiring contracts (cap space), one of which might become an additional FRP

joshuaao and 18pbr like this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

3 swaps. We clearly aren't swapping with them this year.

D-rock, xtruroyaltyx and HP3 like this.