1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Sixers trading Al Horford and stuff for Danny Green

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 18, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Horford is much better than Ryan Anderson though so their going rate would be different. Even in a down year and playing in a team with space clogging big men and no shooters Horford still shot 35% from 3, got 6 boards and we all know he is a decent defender. Anderson oth was a scrub when we traded him away and never got significant mins in the NBA ever again.

Danny Green expiring does little for them as OKC is rebuilding not looking to utilize their capspace. Getting Horford also makes Adams expendable maybe they can flip him for even more picks.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Half the Twitterverse is thinking this clears the way for a Harden trade. lol.
    Maybe he got Ferguson to be the Harden-stopper.
    I love trade season...

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How does it clear the way? What am i missing?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, this is what OKC does.

They can take these 'bad' contracts and then they'll be flipping Horford for more picks a year or so from now.

Doesn't matter for them. They're just threading water until they can draft their next franchise player.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

they use 1 1st round pick is it's considered unloading. Nvm the fact that they own plenty of their picks they have for years to come

HP3 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Philly is in win now regardless if Harden deal pushes through or not. Philly also capped out paying 4 guys max deals. He didnt just get rid of a contract he got a shooter which the team sorely needed. Green fits whether it is next to Simmons or Harden.

Also Presti is finessing the entire league. He traded WB for Cp3 for assets then traded Cp3 for even more assets. He traded Schroeder for Green and assets now he traded Green for even more assets. Dude is double dipping on every player he gets wtf. He'll probably trade Adams this year for assets and Horford next year for even more assets too lol.

#46 roslolian, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Morey is also including Micic in the deal who is considered a top European prospect. Not sure if OKC will sign him or not but I assume that was another reason OKC did this deal. Anyways, I figured OKC had to be getting more than Woj first reported. He needs to just wait until he has all the details. Maybe say, "a trade has been agreed, details to follow" but where is the fun in that? :)

Vivi likes this.
  8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

It's a salary dump, nothing more.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I feel like this is how you rebuild the right way though, you amass assets while treading water. The prob with the Rox is we wasted the Pre Harden era by trying to make the playoffs and picking 15th every year instead of doing what OKC is doing now and collecting a war chest. As such when we got Harden we got 0 assets left to improve the squad whereas Presti will have lots of picks to trade for pieces around his eventual superstar.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Presti is going to own an entire NBA draft soon.

YOLO likes this.
  11. JayZ750

yeah, and they still have the best potential player to acquire in Simmons, but every pick they send elsewhere is another not coming back to Rockets if that trade was to happen.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean 1 isn't the end of the world. Lets see if they get rid of at least a couple before talking about they unloaded

HP3 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Didn't know about Micic, that's interesting, he's a good player, kind of a late bloomer, but he's already well over 25 i think, i don't even know if he'll ever come in the nba. So, he got a 1-6 protected future 1st, a 34th in this draft and Micic...nothing great, but nothing bad either, i'd still say it's a solid move for both teams.

14. JayZ750

well, technically the word works! ;)

definitionally!

didn't mean to make it sound like they were getting rid of a ton. getting rid of any to me hurts their potential offer for Harden, and in the process hurts the Rockets ability to use the 76ers as leverage.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't know. Simmons is significantly the best player in any credible rumored deal thus far. they already have that on their side at this point

HP3 and JayZ750 like this.
  16. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yeah, while I agree this is a good trade for Philly (as well as OKC), it's not a like miracle trade or anything close to that.

Danny Green is not himself in the 2013 Finals in terms of shooting anymore, but I think his shooting is serviceable, he is an OK defender as well. Overall he is a playable player for a Championship team and has only 1 years of contract left. Al Horford, on the other hand, has a notorious contract, and is unplayable in the playoffs. A win-win trade of both sides.

17. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

and a 12 million TPE

BamBam likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Presti is an amazing GM, definitely top 3 in the league if not the best. He has made countless amazing trades/drafts as the GM of OKC, and only 1 bad trade. If not for that single bad trade, he would have been a legendary GM who build a legendary dynasty.

roslolian likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

To make room for moves later dude...sheesh. And since when is getting out of Horford's contract a bad move?