1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Silas next Rockets head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bump for relevance

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bump for hydration.

Ancient Moabite and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so very, very important

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Times were different at the start of this thread.

Boy those initial takes...

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boy look at all that optimism on the first pages lol

Swap KPJ for Harden and it’s a pretty decent take

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I quote Woj.

Rockets were sold on Silas' offensive ingenuity, his pedigree w/ Rick Carlisle, Steve Clifford and his father, Paul Silas. Silas has coached some remarkable guards in his NBA career, including Luka Doncic, Kemba Walker, Steph Curry. Now he gets to run offense for Harden-Westbrook

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Got damn, why did I have to be on the first page.

PWR and daywalker02 like this.
  8. PWR

PWR Member

Lol...I stand by what I said 3 years ago. Silas was given too much credit when Dallas had the #1 offense. The Dallas GM was just smart enough to surround Luka with 10 shooters. Silas System = Let Luka freestyle and kick out to his 10 shooters. We got to witness the system for 3 years without Luka or any shooters, lol. Stone definitely gets some blame also. Olynyk was the only shooter I can remember him bringing on in 3 seasons, lol.

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

How has Dallas fared since he left?
    All systems require talent. Silas didn't have top 50 player his entire time with Houston.

10. PWR

PWR Member

Mavs were in the Western Conference Finals last year. They did pretty well without Silas as expected. I said Stone definitely deserves some blame. He's only signed or traded for 1 or 2 shooters in the last 3 seasons. You're not winning anything if you can't shoot.

11. 34to11

34to11 Member

The same Luka-centric roster but the Mavs dropped from the number 1 rated offense with Silas to a decidedly mediocre 15th last season.
    And yes they finally got out of the first round last year but if you followed you'd know that was aided more by injury than Mavs dominance, akin to the Blazers' run in 2019.