1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] [Shams] Rockets trade Westbrook for Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 2, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Wasnt it Presti who asked for the picks? Like....idk how these things work lol.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

He will not play back to backs.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Magic, your full of Donkey ****.

D-rock likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

i dont know enough about wall to vet your statement. I KNOW wall is a bigger injury risk. I think russ could have and maybe should have played better . That being said , if he demanded a trade ... the NBA is such that we had to trade him.

Wall i think is a bit better shooter . But i have no idea what his game will look like going forward

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  5. psaman17

psaman17 Member

John Wall averaged 4 attempts a game from 3point range the last 4-5 years. He's certainly not taking Steph Curry type shots. He's a low volume low percentage 3pt shooter. The end.

D-rock likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ugh.."..people forget CP3 and Harden had different views on the system “ball movement”. If CP3 didn’t like the system he needed to go!!!!

Mina Kimes makes the point how Harden flourished against the Warriors.....not the systems fault.

People need to stop wishing CP3 back. Get over it. OKC didn’t want CP3 anymore either.

STR8Thugg, joshuaao, DeBeards and 4 others like this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Cmon man you sound like your 15. I just took a little jab at you, man up.

8. OkayAyeReloaded

If Westbrook wasn't going to report I can understand the trade, then it had to be done.

But not buying the spin though, chances are we likely got worse.

For the talk about defense we don't know if Wall will be even close to the same player on offense and defense coming off injuries and his career history. Westbrook is a better player overall and he is at least on the court a lot more often in comparision.

It is what it is, if Wall has a comeback year and doesn't get hurt for his contract duration (doubtful but fine) then we did well.

He also looks like he might be better in the playoffs, if that is true then I'll really be good with it. The key is his play, playoff performance and health if this is a good move or terrible, we'll see.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So we traded westbrick for a wall of bricks.

This team has a wall of question marks now. Particularly in regards to the health of Wall and Cousins, followed by GG and EG

I am not sure wall makes this team better even when Wall is healthy. He seems to always have been wildly inconsistent, but at least teams won't leave him wide open.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Magic is full of more Donkey ****.

J.R. likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

If Westbrook had any market value you think the Rockets wouldn’t have got themselves a better deal? It was pretty much reported by all insiders Westbrook had no value.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean...that's actually a good thing. But his catch and shoot number of threes are actually pretty good from what I've seen, so......an upgrade on the shooting front at the very least.

raining threes likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You will rue this trade in time as well.

14. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

You’re right I’m saying if he remain healthy because I believe he’s hungry and he have something to prove and playing a full season would be big for him and the Rockets

raining threes and jakedasnake like this.
  15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Just want to throw my hat in on saying I'm a fan of this trade. Westbrook was never a good fit. Let's hope Wall is healthy.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Hes younger you idiot. The teams that want him arent trying to bring him to be the main guy just a #2 or 3. Westbrook will be the engine that gets the wiz into the playoffs next year.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ok, there are 10 back to backs I believe next season out of 72 games. Also, Russ wasn't playing back to backs either.

TheFreak and clutchdabear like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nope
    Exact same contract as Westbrook

Rocket River

s3ts likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If anything, hopefully Wall can rebuild his value and we can flip him.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey gave him the picks he wanted is the only thing that matters. Someone as shrewd as Morey doesn't do that unless he was ready to f*ck over someone. Morey knows Russ is a worse player than CP3 and he still gave up the picks.. come on man. It's deliberate sabotage.

Morey has never operated in this fashion ever.

STR8Thugg and s3ts like this.