1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] [Shams] Rockets trade Westbrook for Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 2, 2020.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Sure, but its not a straight up trade.... there's a first round pick and chemistry to consider.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Westbrook clearly threatened to sit out this season and forced the Rockets’ hand. But, I agree with you: The Rockets just acquired another contract that they will struggle to move if they decide to blow it up.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

If a player don’t wanna be here why should the Rockets keep him,, good trade to me I rather gamble on a player who got something to prove than a player that can’t accept reality I feel like Russ still think he is the number one option and obviously we all know is a 2nd or 3rd option

csnerd84 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s great. Glad he got replaced by someone better. Oh wait

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let's hope both teams waive the physical.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Been saying this and no one listening.

Wall is an average defender.

At BEST.

Landsdale, ksny15 and Scarface like this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don’t like it either. Just have to hope he can adapt like CP3 did. Paul changed his game when he came here to accommodate Harden, and it worked. Hopefully Wall can too.

As much as I want Wall-Harden to work, what we really need is Wall-Gordon to work. Hopefully this is a trade that makes Gordon better.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I thought the Cp3 > WB trade raised our ceiling but lowered out floor. I thought WB could bring another tier athletically and that cp3 was done getting his own shot. I also thought maybe WB would be a knucklehead / cant shoot and lowered our floor in that way. Worst case you can stick CP3 in corner and he's be a dangerous threat. In hindsight , i was wrong about Cp3 but we did get a high level of play with WB .. just not in the playoffs .

With Wall i think its the same type of move lowers our floor because wall is a bigger injury risk than WB . but raises our ceiling if he is heathy , he can be a better defender and more steady guy next to harden. I think Russ is also declining athletically , maybe just a bad taste from the playoffs .. but he looked more human in the regular season too. Not that i think wall is a safer bet when it comes to whose body holds up better , but in the case that Wall is injury free for a while his athletic ceiling might actually be higher than Russ' due to his age.

don grahamleone and forchette49 like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

never would have been replaced if he played like a superstar in 2019.

forchette49 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Has to be another move right?

11. Nook

Nook Member

No.

He never reported because he informed the Rockets he would miss camp and not play for them this year.

He had almost no trade value. At least with Wall he is a better fit and there is upside potential as he has lost weight and has been practicing and playing competitively for 9 months.

The concern with Wall is that he wanted out of Washington after it became Beal’s team (sounds like Westbrook), so how will he handle this being Harden’s team?

I wanted two #1’s in the deal but I can understand why the Rockets wanted it done before camp was done.

This trade has the potential to be worse than keeping Westbrook IF Westbrook would have played... but he said he wouldn’t. Also Wall is a better fit for the Rockets because in the past he has been a better three point shooter than WB and he is a massive upgrade defensively.

Like the Wood trade, this is a deal with wide extremes in possible outcomes. The most likely scenario is none of this works and Harden is dealt... but at least they now have an avenue to potentially be elite and not have WB being a cancer because he either wants traded or won’t play.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It doesnt matter. We shot over 40% from 3 in three of our losses. We have not shot that well all year and STILL couldn't beat them. Why? No its not Westbrook. They were just a better team. Stop focusing on an individual.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hey. In case you guys needed to feel better, John Wall has a trade kicker in his contract that he will not be waiving.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know what to think honestly. Wall is more skilled but also more injury prone.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

It wasnt even Morey who wanted this trash trade and you know that.

Nook likes this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Hopefully james

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I thought there must be some color blind folks here that dont see black. Posted this version special for them.

DARYL MOREY DID NOT WANT TO TRADE CHRIS PAUL FOR RUSSELL WESTBROOK!!! TILMAN FERTITTA FORCED DARYL MOREY TO MAKE THE TRADE!!
    DARYL MOREY DID NOT WANT TO TRADE CHRIS PAUL FOR RUSSELL WESTBROOK!!! TILMAN FERTITTA FORCED DARYL MOREY TO MAKE THE TRADE!!DARYL MOREY DID NOT WANT TO TRADE CHRIS PAUL FOR RUSSELL WESTBROOK!!! TILMAN FERTITTA FORCED DARYL MOREY TO MAKE THE TRADE!!DARYL MOREY DID NOT WANT TO TRADE CHRIS PAUL FOR RUSSELL WESTBROOK!!! TILMAN FERTITTA FORCED DARYL MOREY TO MAKE THE TRADE!!

#437 jim1961, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rondo's cousin told him the truth. Take that bs to the nation's capital where it belongs with all the foolishness going on there.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and look at them now. in a even worse position reeling to make right the disastrous mistake. that's the difference between people with high iq and low it. you being on the latter

HP3 likes this.
  20. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

We weren’t going anywhere running it back with a disgruntled Russ. This is absolutely the right move.