1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Nobody needs proof Harden can hoop.

mikol13 and jakedasnake like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Kyrie heard Brooklyn wants to trade him for Harden and he decided to kill this trade by acting up. Im 100% sure thats what happened

Htown Legend likes this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You can’t argue with people who only base things in championships or no championships with absolutely zero context beyond that. It’s such a limited way of evaluating a player. If you don’t think Harden was/is capable of being the best player on a championship team then you simply have no idea what you’re talking about. Karl Malone went to back to back finals only beaten by arguably the best player or all time. He didn’t win a championship but don’t give me this nonsense that he wasn’t capable of being a leader on a champion. The 18 Rockets were a championship level team. Harden was their best player.

HP3, mikol13 and Reeko like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I keep waiting for the Woj Bomb... Any moment now...

Reeko, BigM and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In a normal nba system that just doesn't do a 5 out iso system? We haven't seen that for a while. Hence why GMs are going to be hesitant to pull the trigger on Harden. They are afraid their championship level roster they have might get ruined chemistry wise with him.

6. verysimplejason

Alright, point taken. Then tell me how many WCF tries before Harden can go to the finals? How about his words, "This is my city and I'm here to stay."? Clearly, he wants out. Oh well, if you want to stick with him, then just go when he's traded.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, now you’re in your feelings because u made a weak point about CP3

CP3’s leadership never went anywhere until he got with Harden, but he’s supposedly much better...lol, sure

makes perfect sense...

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Real fans waiting for BraBra Bomb.

9. verysimplejason

Goodbye! Send some postcards. It doesn't matter how talented one player is. If one gives up on the team, he's not better than those scrubs who gave their all when given some playing time.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

u made a pathetic point about CP3, and it got easily destroyed...now you’re mad and emotional...lol, sad

do better next time

11. verysimplejason

Emotional? I'm telling the truth. Clutch! If you don't get what I mean... I'm sure you know what this is all about.

12. fchowd0311

CP3's issues in the playoffs were due to injuries. He didn't underperform statistically like Harden. Dude managed to only average 2.6 turnovers per game in the playoffs in 6 playoff appearances with the Clippers while having a near 54% efg% which is signficantly higher than Harden's stint with the Rockets while also playing elite defense. He wasn't the problem outside of missing key games.

Harden is a notorious bricker and turnovers the ball over a **** ton in the playoffs.

bmelo and verysimplejason like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

14. fchowd0311

His preference of Sixers over Nets is most likely due to him wanting to play the same style as he did here.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

How come you think this is a point?

Do you actually believe CP3 was incapable of leading a team to the WCF?

16. opticon

opticon Member

Ben Simmons is elite on only one side of the ball and that side is not offense. I would do a deal with the Nets. I think their picks will be worth more in the long run.

joshuaao and Htown Legend like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

no WCF appearance except next to Harden, so him and all his leadership have accomplished less than James regardless of what excuses u want to give him

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm not who you're quoting, but...what has he honestly done to make you think he can lead a team to the WCF?

He was a young stud in New Orleans. Couldn't lead the Hornets to the WCF.

He was in his prime in Los Angeles. Couldn't lead the Clippers to the WCF, despite having prime Blake Griffin and prime DeAndre Jordan and being coached by Doc Rivers.

His one and only trip out of the second round and into the WCF was with a certain bearded fellow against one of the best teams in the history of the NBA.

And now he's on a young Phoenix team. He'll turn that team into a playoff team, but chances are, he's not leading Booker and Ayton anywhere near a berth in the WCF.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep and be coddled by morey

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. SmallBallDoesntWork

Just my opinion, the overweight strip club connoisseur wants to go to either the Nets to play with KD or philly to play the same style as he did here as others said. I dont think he really has a preference, we’re in a terrible spot here I doubt the 6ers will give up Ben and Im not sure what a 3rd team would send us for the Nets scraps.

also, why in the hell do the people of the internet possibly think kyrie will be traded here in a package for harden? Theres probably a better chance of hitting the lottery twice in the same month than kyrie coming here for james