1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If Houston loses 2 games to Lakers, let's Harden go may good for both. The new coach does not know how to use Harden, if it is t lue, it is easy to win

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I really hope they have an actual plan here and are not just sitting around and hoping.

I don't know if it is the 15-20 game mark, or some other general milestone but if their isn't vast improvement they are only hurting themselves not making moves to gut the team and rebuild.

There are serious roster construction issues with the Rockets, so I personally do not see it working but I appreciate they may think they can address those problems.

They are at a spot where they could still deal players like Harden and Tucker and House and get assets and then play for a top 4 lottery pick this year. The Rockets pick this year is top 4 protected.

Boston84 likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hardens value is going down as we speak. Please do a trade

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*notices Tilman-era Rockets roster management*

I can assure they do not have an actual plan

Nook likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Not only hardens value dropping , his prime is being wasted.

fckbandwagons, Stormy1234 and Nook like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Yup, and there does not seem to be any real sense of urgency. Tilman is busy doing other things and Stone is walled up in his castle while Silas is over his head trying to get this roster to work. It won't be long until most of these guys check out emotionally.

fckbandwagons and Boston84 like this.
  7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way Houston sports are going, they will go this route, be the 3rd worst team, and then get leap frogged twice in the lottery and end up conveying the #5 pick. Tuck will accompany Harden to Philly, where he will make the critical stop to win a title.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Harden didn't want his prime to be wasted he shouldn't have pushed for the Westbrook trade that ruined both the present and future of the franchise lmao

9. riko

riko Member

What’s that got to do with the current coaches having him with career low usages this season?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

It is possible. The 2021 draft protections are nasty...... it is only protected through picks 1-4 and there also is the fact that the Rockets wouldn't get the Thunder pick, but the Heat pick.

So it is possible, even 50/50 that the Rockets could be one of the 3-4 worst teams in the league and still lose their first rounder if it falls to picks 5-8.... and this draft is exceptionally good at the top. The owner wanted to be bold and demanded that the Westbrook deal be completed, and the Rockets paid a heavy price.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

or burn the candle at both ends off the court. that's all on him.

Stormy1234 and J Sizzle like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

In a few years people will laugh out at this strategy . This is like putting Wall next to Kobe (RIP)in his prime and telling him to defer to wall. I can assure you Kobe would have knocked out Silas on the spot and said give me the damn ball

13. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Some of y'all didn't want 24yr old brown,

Gotta know Harden is older now, not good relationship, he's not 26-27 with his best value.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Tidbit I heard: Rockets were close to pulling the trigger on a deal during the game last night. Value still sky high. Expect a deal done soon. No idea with who.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sauces

J.R. likes this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The most likely team will be the 76ers.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Get Woj and Shams on phone alert. It’s happening soon.

Honestly my guess is Toronto is the most desperate team right now.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I know but it's an actual friend who let me know. I wanted to share but not make a big fuss of it because it's not a huge surprise.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Honestly with the core we have right now, It doesn’t matter if we get Siakam, Brown, Simmons... whoever. I want the most valuable non protected picks we can possibly get with an eye on future years. Projecting whichever team we trade with will be in the lottery in just a couple more years due to Harden having a steep decline or leaving the team we trade him too

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just teasing. if it happens that will likely be a good thing