1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Yes, he did. And he didn't give up a young player because he had none.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With every passing day I'm on the side that he won't get traded...at least not at the start of the season. The Rockets want a big return, as they should, and it's not coming. Right now, everyone is in love with their young players and everyone thinks their future is bright. Would have been easier to get some of these players in the offseason, after the playoffs, when teams believe they need to make improvements.

At this time of year everyone thinks they've improved their team and they want to see how it all plays out. Even the Sixers are like "Let's see how this plays out, maybe Ben has improved..."

I believe that the Rockets will be 'stuck' with Harden to start the season and since Harden wins you a lot of games naturally, opinions might change, including his, about the state of the organization. This isn't really unheard of, apparently, he's asked to be traded and changed his mind before.

I have some belief in Stone that he's not going to get a disappointing return and the Rockets all along said they were willing to get uncomfortable, now that Harden has basically returned to the team and shows that he's going to ball for the team as long as he's here it gives them the leverage to drag this out for as long as they feel necessary.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The poster was criticizing tilman cheap ass way, u came into defend our cheap ass owner.

I'm just pointing out u are guillable for lapping up the owners bullshit.

It is what it is.

HP3 likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Knicks fans hate Dolan for basketball reasons, the "Rockets fans" who are over the top with their hatred for Fertitta do so for non-basketball reasons.

It's not in any way a similar situation.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

sorry if i missed it... someone quote me on this...

which player are they targeting? lol

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, Allen isn't coming here at this point anyway since we have Wood, and LeVert isn't something i would have interest in getting for a rebuild tbh. But maybe a team that is trying to be competitive like i don't know, Detroit, could really use Allen and LeVert, they're probably stuck with Griffin anyway, adding Allen and LeVert for them might not be bad, they have zero talent in those spots, i don't know if they would give up Doumbouya for them, but i feel like he could be one of those under the radar great talents that i'd gladly take over those two.

SmallBallDoesntWork likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Who r u to make that assessment? Acting all elitist judging other posters.

I can't stand tilman sprouting bs and then doing the exact opposite.

HP3 likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, it's not NSPN: News and Sports Programming Network

That E is for Entertainment. They want the biggest possible audience.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

The only way Stone makes a Harden trade that doesn't almost guarantee we stay a contending team is if Tilman forces his hand. Don't discount the chance that Tilman will look at Harden's public admission of disgruntled-ness as a justification for shipping that big salary out. "He said he didn't want to be here, so we decided to move on."

11. Nook

Nook Member

Allen is a good asset/player..... the question is how good do you think he will ultimately be.... plus he is being compared to Ben Simmons so that causes issues.....

The Nets (if they choose to) can give the Rockets Allen and a number of draft picks. I personally would rather have Simmons but if the Sixers are not going to be serious, then move on...... the Nets can move some of their other assets that the Rockets are not crazy about for picks to give the Rockets... the Rockets also save a lot of money in a deal with the Nets.

From the Nets perspective a trio of Harden/KD and Irving isn't ideal........ but Harden and KD are ideal and if Irving doesn't go insane, he can be an awesome spot up shooter...... Prince and DJ can play the 5 for the Nets.....

The Nets would likely give up...... LeVert (to a third team), Dinwiddie (to a third team), Allen (to the Rockets), Shamet (to the Rockets) and filler.... the Rockets would end up with some dead salary and Allen and likely 3 #1 draft picks.

The Nets would have........ Harden/KD/Irving/Harris/Prince/Jordan/Green and possible a couple smaller player from the Rockets.

12. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I’m assuming if this is true it’s because harden says it’s not salvageable even if they play well...so may as well trade him early to let our new team gel

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just obvious based on the nonsensical complaints. The Rockets are struggling with the hard cap and we have complaints about "being cheap". If you don't properly manage the cap situation, you get screwed. It's not Fertitta's fault that Harden is an infant who demanded the team do things that hurt them, it's not Fertitta's fault that Harden is now demanding he be traded after the moves he demanded hurt their championship odds.

You guys are looking for any excuse to screech about Fertitta simply because you hate him for non-basketball reasons.....and let's face it, there's plenty of non-basketball reasons to hate Fertitta, but when you let those things cloud your judgement, it's a bad look.

Blaming Fertitta for things Morey or Harden did is ridiculous.

Salvy likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Some of yall something else lol, Harden decides he no longer wants Houston so the next logical thing is to blame Till The Mailman for Harden's own grown man decision. What else can we blame the owner for? The owner who did not play in a single game during the playoff choke jobs of Harden's era...

csc177 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

I think I’ve convinced myself that the Herro/Robinson Nunn package & picks makes sense....

we need a shooter to pair with Wall. Simmons ,while a freak that does it all, doesn’t pair with wall at all and is basically a PG at 6’10 that can’t shoot. I can’t believe I just said that but I’d welcome the Miami trade.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Allen can be pretty good in a couple of years, not someone to build around obviously, but still really good. Regardless, i would also take Simmons over him obviously, like i said in the other post, i don't think it makes sense for the Rockets to get Allen in the first place at this point since they have Wood so, he would've have to be sent to a third team too.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nb...lowing-up-anything-we-plan-on-contending/amp/

Fertitta bs words:
    So, we’re going to set ourselves up to make the moves, to be one of the top teams. We’re going to do whatever we have to do to win. I can promise that to my fans and compete for the NBA championship this year.”

He never went over cap once. I believed that bs oh he doesn't want to fk up cap situation to remain competitive, but u can't use that bs excuse every fking year. If u are avoiding to go all in and never went all in once, then u just sprouting bs.

Tell me what does "we gonna have to whatever we have to do to win" mean to u?

Him saying bs words just reminds me of BoB. Am I a fake fan for hating the Texans hc also?

Nonbasketball reason pffft.

HP3 likes this.
  18. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

LOL what...this would be terrible for houston...i rather lose harden for nothing lmao

saleem likes this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Stupid! Just Stupid! The only reason they want to trade Harden soon is because more people will realize that the team is better with him running the point than John Wall!
    Wall's passing has been a sight to see and magnificent! But his scoring ability is just bleh... his 3pt shot def hasn't improved.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you are hard capped, like the Rockets are right now, you can't go over the cap. If you sign a bunch of over the hill scrubs like Ariza to awful contracts, you end up in an even worse cap situation that costs you more legitimate talent. All the years Morey was doing the EXACT same, people praised him for it, now when Morey did it, you blame Fertitta for it.....funny how that works, it's almost like it was nothing but irrational hatred.

The Rockets currently have a better roster than they have in years (if Harden buys in) and that couldn't have been possible if they had thrown a ton of money at every washed up scrub that fans wanted them to over the years. There's a reason to ignore the fans sometimes.

NotInMyHouse likes this.