1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What made their offense good last year was the low turnovers and heavy iso makes that easier.

The TV talking heads don't analyze hoops - they're drama writers/talkers. There are much better analytical podcasts to pay attention to.

Drift Monkey, Nook, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Brown continues to shine, wouldn’t be surprised if Boston decides to just keep their core.

Mkieke, Denovo, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

Because Brown is a legit player

He could be what Paul George was supposed to be if he keeps his mind right.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

People are gonna hate Trae Young like they do Harden LOL. My mans just discovered a new loophole in the foul game LOL.

Jontro likes this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

What happened?

6. HP3

HP3 Member

He's discovered or....maybe Im exagerrating(idk) a new way to draw fouls. Where he gets the defender on his back and slams back into them to draw a foul looool.

Edit: Also I posted this in the wrong thread.

xaos likes this.
  7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I mean like I said....if you wanna speak about time machine logic let’s do it ; I concede you the Spurs in 2014 although I disagree I’ll give it to you.....that’s 2 teams in 50 years. Let me hop out of my Delorean for a moment.......

yup. I think the math favors my argument

Nook, mikol13 and HP3 like this.
  8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Wow for a guy that can’t shoot brown sure looks amazing tonight with near 30 in the 1st half

Caesar, 18pbr, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

sounds like one of my fave pr0nstars

HP3 likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well..... we're waiting!

Jontro likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Celtics, Raptors Have Placed 'Courtesy Calls' To Rockets For James Harden

The Boston Celtics and Toronto Raptors have joined the Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets and Miami Heat in making a "courtesy call" to the Houston Rockets on a James Harden trade, sources tell Brian Windhorst of ESPN.

The Milwaukee Bucks even had an internal conversation and ran it past Giannis Antetokounmpo before deciding not to pursue Harden at all.

There are approximately seven teams in the East that can realistically talk themselves into having an opportunity to reach the Conference Finals, which puts the possibility of a Harden trade for one of them a balance of power shifting move.‘

Nuggets Interested In Multi-Team Trade With Rockets Without Acquiring James Harden

The Denver Nuggets have interest in participating in a multi-team trade with the Houston Rockets even if they don't end up acquiring James Harden.

The Rockets are known to be targeting Michael Porter Jr. as a young player with All-Star potential. It is not known what type of return the Nuggets would seek if they included Porter. The Nuggets have had interest in Jrue Holiday and Bradley Beal in recent months.

Denver has made Jamal Murray untouchable in Harden talks.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/latest-on-james-harden.html

In his latest look at the James Harden situation, Brian Windhorst of ESPN lists the Sixers, Nets, Heat, Celtics, and Raptors among the teams that have at least placed “courtesy calls” to the Rockets about the former MVP.

And while the Bucks reportedly don’t have interest in pursuing Harden, they did have an internal conversation about the possibility and ran it by Giannis Antetokounmpo before coming to that decision, Windhorst notes.

The Harden trade talk that dominated NBA headlines during the preseason has died down to some extent now that the season is underway and the 31-year-old is suiting up for the Rockets, but Windhorst believes it’s just a matter of time before a team convinces itself that Harden is the missing piece for a championship and pulls the trigger on a deal, like Toronto did for Kawhi Leonard in 2018.

Here’s more on Harden:
    • Although the Nuggets have been linked to Harden directly, they’re also interested in potentially getting involved in a multi-team trade involving the star guard even if they don’t end up with him, according to Windhorst.
    • Sam Amick of The Athletic wonders if the loss of scoring depth caused by Spencer Dinwiddie‘s ACL injury may motivate the Nets to push harder to acquire Harden. Of course, as we discussed earlier this week, Dinwiddie’s injury also diminishes the value of a player who likely would be part of any package the Nets offer.
    • Within that same Athletic article, Amick examines where things stand for the other teams linked to Harden, writing that the Sixers remain content to continue evaluating their current roster under Doc Rivers before making any major changes, while the Bucks don’t view Harden as a fit for their culture. Amick also evaluates the Heat, Nuggets, Trail Blazers, and Raptors, but doesn’t suggest that there’s traction on any front.

Vivi likes this.
  12. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Lol at Harden “adding the bucks to his list of preferred destinations” and Giannis saying: nah I’m good

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Very interesting nugget on the Nuggets. If we could land a pair like Simmons and MPJ, I'd be willing to forego a ton of incoming draft capital.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

This says more about Giannis than anything. Dude is reading into the fake hysteria into his greatness if he thinks he doesn't need Harden.

Dude has flat out flamed/choked out of the Eastern Conference playoffs in back to back years.

Just lol at him saying he doesn't want Harden.

That fragile ego just a tad bit scared he'd go from being big dog to very clear second fiddle.

15. Downtown Sniper

I just fail to see how the Nuggets are giving up MPJ when Harden isn't donning that sky blue in return.

The Nuggets will latch onto a deal to try and solidify their depth or nab a Tucker if they want in this trade without getting the major prize.

And none of those returns are worth MPJ unfortunately. 3

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Obviously this would be ideal if we can get both, but they would need a significant package back for MPJ too. Maybe they like Simmons for themselves. He’s definitely a defensive and play making upgrade albeit a significant shooting downgrade, but they have plenty shooters.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

The Bucks don’t view Harden as a fit? LOL sure. No they looked at the roster and realized they don’t have the pieces to make a deal.

HP3, Vivi, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  19. OkayAyeReloaded

We need a Keep Harden option in these threads.

Harden even 3-4 years from now will likely still be better or as good as Brown and others career best years.

glynch likes this.
  20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

For sure - I think Brown is proving that he could be a franchise player for the Celtics, and given the price of Harden, I don't see them moving Brown. He's effectively played the Celtics out of the Harden market.

A TOR-HOU-DEN deal still seems the most realistic to me, unless there's a darkhorse like a NOLA or SAC that convinces themselves they can compete for the WCF/ECF with a Harden-level player. For example, if SAC continues to shine, could you work your way into a Haliburton-centered deal? Who knows, but the way HOU is playing this, they are keeping all options open.

finsraider likes this.