1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

NBA GETS: Championship contention and excitement
    HOUSTON GETS: Luxury Tax Savings and a Decade of mediocre basketball

Rocket River

Kim, pippendagimp and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmmm didnt Detroit beat the Shaq and Kobe Laker team?

Kim, Patience, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  3. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The 2004 Detroit Pistons beat an old Lakers team with Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Pau Gasol came around 4 years later. Detroit had a bunch of top 30-50ish players.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden trades make no sense IMO.

Need trade to build roster around Harden-Wood.

Starting 5 needs to be improved. That means better longer iso defenders at 3 or 4.

#1444 D-rock, Dec 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    mikol13, Roc Paint and Patience like this.
  5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Detroit is literally the only team in the modern nba era to win without a superstar or mvp caliber player. They are an anomaly

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

It should be common sense that if Boston can’t get MPJ with Brown, then they can’t possibly get Harden with him.

put aside potential, years, fit, etc. Harden is the 2nd best player in the NBA. Why should Houston trade him for Brown and 2-3 late FRPs?

Houston wants a future in any deal for Harden. Neither Brown or the Nets package gives us a future. It’s just *stuff*. We can get *stuff* trading PJ Tucker.

Erbnwarfare and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You are correct, I was thinking of the 2010-2011 Lakers that lost 4-0 to the Mavericks in the second round.

The Lakers team that lost to the Pistons had Payton and Malone on it along with Shaq and Kobe.

D-rock, joshuaao, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Which Pistons team are you talking about? The last Pistons title team was 2004, against the Kobe-Shaq Lakers.

[edit] n/m you already responded above.

Nook likes this.
  9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

the entire point went over your head. It’s not about if Denver can get brown or if Boston can get porter with brown. The point is it makes no sense for either team. Neither team would do it. It’s literally nonsensical.

If Denver is giving up Michael porter jr, they want a player back who makes them a lot better and gets them over the hump. If Boston gives up brown they want a player who also gets them over the hump. They arent trading porter jr to get another young promising player back. Those are moves you make to go all in and win now.

Otherwise denver can develop mpj and have him on a rookie deal with all star returns. They wouldn’t help another team who wants harden get him when they themself see harden as the prize and the same for Boston. It’s honestly ass backwards

Kim and Patience like this.
  10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

2014 Spurs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

they had kawhi and 3 hall of farmers even at the end of there legs it’s still not the same and is a reach and at best if I agreed it would be 2 teams in 45 years

Nook and HP3 like this.
  12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It’s really not a reach at all. No superstars or MVP level players. None close.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I was thinking of the 2010-2011 Lakers when Gasol's girlfriend Sylvia Lopez Castro screwed Shannon Brown.... and it came out after Vanessa Bryant (who is a terrible person) was accused of sleeping with various players.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I am starting to really agree Stone should roll the dice by trading Gordon and the FRPs to get a splashy third or fourth banana this year. Give Harden some confidence we are serious about winning by bringing in another solid player. Our window for title contention is over if Harden leaves or gets traded, so might as well go all in. Late FRPs are unlikely to yield a major building block anyway.

I'd rather roll the dice this year (and next) and if they don't win, Harden will walk in free agency, and we will be in a full rebuild. A Wall-Wood-Brown/Simmons/MPJ team will not be terrible, but it won't be a contender either. What's the point. Why not give it another real chance with Harden, who we know is a bona fide all-time great?

hakeem94, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  15. Boston84

Boston84 Member

sure if u completely discredit Tim Duncan’s entire career, what kawhi became and Tony Parker and manu then yea it’s the same.

mikol13 and HP3 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Den doesn't go to mpj to iso much at all but in his limited opportunities he was in the 90th percentile for isolation scoring last year. It projects well to him taking a bigger role on offense

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly, I think he would be averaging over 25 points a game this year on a team that gave him the shots. His field goal percentage would go down in the interim because he wouldn't be on a team as good as the Nuggets.... but Porter is legitimate and I think will end up being the highest scoring perimeter big in the league shortly.

CXbby likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I will just throw it out there....... I have watched the Nets and I don't think that Kevin Durant has really looked all that great on offense. He is taking and making really difficult shots, he is a great shooter but he isn't going to statistically keep making those shots. I don't think he is the same player as he was pre injury and I don't know how much of that is the injury and how much is age and how much of that is him being rusty and on a new team.