1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Rockets4Life13

Can we stop questioning Woj? The man has t reputation to know pretty much everything that’s going on in the NBA.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Well they certainly have a better shot........ if the Rockets get Simmons and Thybulle, and keep Nwaba.... that is a really NASTY defensive trio on the perimeter...... now the only bad news is between the 3 of them the Rockets maybe get 20 points.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My point was that it was going to be a significant savings.

HP3 likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He lost his Mojo when he went to ESPN. Shams is even faster than him on draft day.

BHannes2BHonest and Ramo$e like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Harden couldn't get anything done long before Tilman became owner. Tilman is just a symptom of what the bigger issue is. LT or not Harden has had help. Nobody's fault but his own he can't get along with anybody.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's certainly no brabra

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, but recently it seems like he is just trafficking rumors of unknown origin. I trust him when he says a deal is done, but I don't know about all the other stuff.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If it is a 3 team trade and I always felt it would be because the Rockets don't and should not settle for Ben Simmons maybe it's for someone else.

Jaylen Brown, Deaaron Fox, or maybe even one of the highly touted rookies to go in this past draft. Three team trade opens it up to the whole league because then the question becomes...who wants Simmons? I imagine teams like the Bulls, Spurs, whoever, would love to build around Simmons.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U keep saying future = u holding out hope that owner will go all in eventually.

Tell me. When is the owner gonna go all in then?

Don't tell me when the team is competitive again, under harden it was always competitive and tilman never went all in.

Under harden we were competitive but instead of being competitive, we been avoiding the lts like the plague.

If u sincerely believe tilman will go all in the next time we are competitive then excuse me for calling u a Guillble idiot. Some people just love lapping up bullshit.

HP3 likes this.
  11. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Maybe we should ask for OKC's Dort in a deal?

slothy420, BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

ESPN is pushing this agenda hard

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Why? Harden beat his ass to

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

HOU out: J.Harden; P.Tucker
    HOU in: J.Brown; M.Smart; R.Williams III; PHI 1st
    You can argue Simmons has more upside as a centerpiece than Brown, but Brown fits perfectly here and has some untapped potential having to be the #3-5 option in Boston the last few years. Smart fits great as well as we become a scrappy defensive squad with him and Brown. RW3 has Capela upside off the bench. We compete now while becoming much younger.

Cousins/Williams III
    Wood/Tate
    J.Brown/House/Nwaba
    Smart/Gordon/McLemore
    Wall/(Smart)

BOS out: J.Brown M.Smart; R.Williams III
    BOS in: B.Simmons; M.Thybulle
    Tatum/Brown/Kemba are all shoot-first players and Simmons fits great with Tatum long-term as two big forwards with differing skillsets in an NBA that favors skilled size over everything. And while Brown is great on D, Simmons is a difference maker and ups their versatility on that end. Thybulle adds youth/D to replace Smart (whose ball-handling isn't as missed w Simmons). This also makes them a bigger, more athletic squad.

Theis/T.Thompson
    Simmons/G.Williams
    Tatum/Nesmith
    Thybulle/Langford
    Walker/Teague

PHI out: B.Simmons; M.Thybulle; 2021 1st
    PHI in: J.Harden; P.Tucker
    Philly gets their go-to guy, and instead of the rumored Simmons + 3 picks offer, they go with Simmons + one pick + recent 1st (Thybulle) and still get a useful vet in PJ back. That might get them to bite.

Embiid/Dwight
    Tucker/(Harris)
    T.Harris/Korkmaz
    Da.Green/S.Curry
    Harden/S.Milton/Maxey

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Woj talking about three team trades makes me think about the Nets being in play more then we think. I really wonder what their package could get from a third team...Pistons, Spurs, Raptors, all these teams could have interest in at least Allen and LeVert, maybe Bulls and Grizzlies...Spurs and Raptors don't have the young piece/s though to trade here though.

#115 Vivi, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    topfive and blahblehblah like this.
  16. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I think if/when the Harden trade happens, we're going to get someone completely out of left-field that hasn't been mentioned yet, like CJ McCollum or Devin Booker.

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

1: Sixers included Simmons in trade talk
    2: Sixers didn't include Simmons in trade
    3: Harden will stay with Rockets longer
    4. Rockets want to trade Harden sooner than later
    What for tomorrow? Harden rather stay? Then the day after? Harden adds more team to his list?

Corrosion likes this.
  18. SmallBallDoesntWork

Im shocked their not trying to push a Nets trade agenda too much anymore, the amount of stories between him and Kyrie would provide enough content for a decade

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Can we trust anything at this point? Conflicts with other reports out there and remember Woj reported that Harden wanted Wall in Houston. Is this necessarily true? lots of conflicting reporting. This is the craziest sports drama I’ve ever seen.

Patience likes this.
  20. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

He played GREAT D, thats why. Harden beats most players asses....