1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, with CP3, the team still had a chance, as soon as Harden demanded the Westbrook trade, that was the end. Do you think the team would have been better off if Fertitta had told Harden to "shut up and dribble" when Harden demanded the team trade for Westbrook? Of course not, then you'd just be whining about how Fertitta blew up the team by not catering to Harden's demands leading to him demanding a trade. It was a no win situation due to Harden being a spoiled diva.

vjohnson likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What part of watching the 2018-2019 season made you think we had a chance? No depth on that team. Only reason we made the playoffs is cuz Harden scored 45 a game for 2 months. Like what are you even saying. CP3 was gonna guard Lebron? You don't just take a guy like Ariza who plays 40 minutes a game guarding other teams best players and let him walk for luxury tax savings and think we are the same team.

He wasn't worth 15 million to any other team but he was worth it to our team cuz we didn't have the means or assets to improve or replace him.

duluth111222 likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Don’t know how true but morey follows him

durvasa likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're really asking me what part of watching the best offensive team in Rockets history made me think they had a chance? REALLY?

Also, Lebron was irrelevant in 2018-2019, the Lakers didn't even make the playoffs.

Ariza was a washed up scrub, throwing large contracts at washed up scrubs is how teams end up in cap hell and have their team burn down around them.

Now compare that team to what happened when Harden forced the Westbrook trade, it was a complete disaster. There's simply no defending it.

5. sheb

sheb Member

but inside reports were that Simmons was gonna get flipped for someone else

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m guessing most of you were not here when Dream knocked the hell out of Mad Max...

clos4life, DreamShook and Richie_Rich like this.
  7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Could Dream help us out and do the same for Harden?

mikol13 likes this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It could happen...

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Unless I'm missing something, the math doesn't quite work. There would have to be a third team or more players involved.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

When Lebron leave Cleveland, the Cavaliers win the 1st pick selection two times in the lottery.
    Last year NO trade AD and win the lottery .

Rafael ask the leage for something before you trade Harden.

snowconeman22, banzai and True Rocket like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Trade exception that perfectly fits PJ Tucker. It was done on purpose. It's as obvious as the moves that Stone did to set up the Christian Wood deal.

TradeNBA.com will explain any trade questions you ever have.

csc177 likes this.
  12. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

stop believing every dumb tweet out there especially when they use the words deep negotiations

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now that people see what the problem has been all along, they cant deny that CP3 was the best chance they had at a championship. Instead of trading Paul, they should have just traded Blames for another star and picks. We would be in a much better situation. Imagine having CP3, Star?, Cousins, Wood etc.

csc177 and banzai like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not defending the Westbrook trade at all. I love CP3 and wish he was healthy. But let's be real here CP3 is done as an elite player. You aren't winning a ring with CP3 making 40 million. He hasn't been the same player since he tore his hamstring in game 5.

2018-2019 season if the Rockets had the best offense in league history it just shows you how great James Harden was. He played with 4 dudes off the street when CP3, Gordon, capela all got hurt and carried us with the best regular season I've ever seen from any player and somehow didn't win MVP. That team was not a contender. Chris Paul was awful that year.

clos4life likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Morey is the man if he pulls it off.

csc177 and treyk3 like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It honestly is the perfect trade for both parties if Harden HAS to be traded.

Let Morey and Harden be tied together for the history books. It would be gross to see James win in Miami or Brooklyn.

Let the Rockets get a proven star, a lottery tick on Maxey and a ready now role player in Thybulle.

csc177, joshuaao, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree, I could live with Harden in Philly or Boston. If he goes to Miami or Brooklyn, it just feels artificial and lame.

saleem and treyk3 like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Is that a good thing? He's the GM on the other team.

saleem likes this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

Wall / Maxey

EGO or Thybulle

House

Simmons

Wall / Boogie

Along with our other rotational pieces. Interesting mix.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Decent haul if true. I'm very high on Thybulle.