1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

And even if he was available, can you imagine trying to team Harden and Cp3 back up? That's pretty funny. It is Harden's college home and Sarvar is a cheap af owner who maybe would prefer a 2 year window with Harden and then get married to LTS for another decade instead of paying Booker the big bucks for another decade and still just trying to be a playoff team.

Patience and riko like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Short term yes. But u are aware u can come out stronger later. For as good as harden is he didn't get it done. Ima harden fan, but 8 years is a long time. U gave it the old college try. So I'm good with or without him. To me look how stones doing....he doing better them morey already. Change can be scary but let's give the next man a chance.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hope we are targeting Mr A-Wiggins with GSW so we can have Mrs. A-Wiggins in our front office

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think its up to Harden to give this a chance, not Stone.

We don't know what is said behind closed doors, but if this report has any truth to it, Harden is probably saying things that makes Stone and the rest of the brass think there is no hope to him giving anything in Houston a chance.

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Not to mention we were a hamstring away and/or a healthy Luc away from winning in 2018 against an all-time great team at mostly full strength (no Iggy). The Rockets and Morey did some things wrong over the years but did many things right. When Paul's injury happened, many of us knew that was our best chance at a title and getting back to it was almost impossible given the the restraints of the owner the following season.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I want Harden to stay but i think were going to be very happy in hindsight that he didn't take the 50mil a year extension

csj, daywalker02 and Tfor3 like this.
  7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Why not entitled half the threads: "SI and Woj Seek Clics". (like all the other online and print publications)

They all engage in as much minute by minute speculation about Harden that they can get away with without looking like complete fools.

HP3, durvasa and Elienator like this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If I were the owner I would consider offering Harden a five year extension with decreasing yearly salary and a promise to give him say 5-10% cut of the Rockets if he agrees to stay till retirement.

I suppose the NBA monopolists would not allow this.

Jayzers_100 and Trackwell like this.
  9. mightybosstone

If this is all true and Houston is looking for a three-team deal (likely to get James to Brooklyn), I just don't see why you make that trade. If Brooklyn doesn't have the assets to net James, they don't have the assets to net the Rockets their young All-Star caliber player either. And maybe it's not Brooklyn and there is another trade partner out there with the assets to make it happen. But if you're Stone, why rush? Harden has played two preseason games and practiced with the team. You have talent on this roster. If you don't trade him, you already know he'll play for you, because he's done that for the last week.

Even with all the drama of the last two months, I still like the route of seeing how this team shakes out over the first couple of months of the year and make a decision before the trade deadline. If the team sucks and he still wants out, that trade is probably still going to be there for you. But there's always the outside chance these guys will click and James could want to stay. It's worth taking that chance if you already know you're going to get pennies on the dollar for Harden.

HP3 and MrButtocks like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

he is soo gone and CF will forever debate our return on this trade

Boki4MvP, Htown's Finest and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He still got a job and a ring.

That's the niche player.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden could have squashed all of this if he really wanted to give this a chance so I'm good with the team moving on from him. He and this whole saga is a distraction. Harden is being stupid by not giving this a try imo because this is the deepest team he's had since being in Houston but if he feels he can do better elsewhere, tired of being a Rocket, etc., then I'm hoping they can move on from this distraction sooner rather than later as well.

13. Elienator

Elienator Member

I agree with this take. Having read the article, I didn't see anything all that indicative of new information. It's in Harden's best interest at this point to make his desires known, behave professionally on and off the court, and have some patience as long as the Rocket's are exploring trades. Harden's behavior in Vegas was not in his best interest and it seems like he's realized that. It's in the Rocket's best interest to explore as many options as possible and signal to Harden they are doing so as a hold out isn't really beneficial to them either.

Maybe I'm bad at reading tea leaves, but nothing I read indicates any significant change in either party's desires or that Harden is any more or less likely to be traded than he was two days ago.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Being the protagonist and just being an extra in Lebron's / Anthony Davis's movie are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT things. Here Dwight wanted post touches and to be treated like a superstar. Those days are long gone. Good for him though.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As said the days of non shooting bigs are gone, so he should be lucky he won something while contributing from the bench.

T.MAC likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets would be absolutely idiotic to trade Harden now.

What is the rush????

Harden and Wood were money last night.

This a duo that any rational organization would be pulling out ALL the stops to cherish, cultivate and commit to.

This is a championship core to BUILD upon.

Be smart Rockets, dont let your egos and feelings get in the way of greatness.

bballjunkie, HP3, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Woj is dead to me.

18. csc177

csc177 Member

The good franchises bounce back. I’m hoping we’re one of them.

saleem likes this.
  19. csc177

csc177 Member

Good take. 8 years is a long time and we’ve got nothing to show for it. Time to shake it up.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While on the surface, I agree with you, we don't know what is happening below the surface.

I dont know much about Stone, but I know enough to say he is no fool. He readily knows and understands your sentiments and point. If he is moving to do this, I just have to think there is good reason.