1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Booker is as close to untouchable player there is in the league right now. The suns absolutely love him

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U should resign to the fact that we will b the loser of any trade to get rid of harden, barring some miracle. the media will sht on us for years to come. Potential return to mediocrity.

Will make the eventual trade easier to stomach once it does happens. As much as I like stone moves to create this current team, there's no way u can get a 1 to 1 value trade for Harden.

It is what it is.

Trackwell, HP3 and saleem like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Well unless you get Lebron, AD or Kawhi back then you lost in other deal talent wise in a Harden trade. That is how good he is! Rockets are going to lose talent wise it’s just a fact

saleem likes this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’d be a real ****ing shame to not see what a Harden/Wood duo looks like.

BHannes2BHonest, Amel, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately, that's 100 percent correct.

csc177 likes this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I stopped buying Morey's "snake oil" after the 2011 season when he went out and got Ron Artest. And seeing how he jumped ship once he saw no way out of the mess he'd created here confirms (to me) that I made the right decision. What's unfortunate for Rockets' fans is that with Harden, Houston had a legitimate shot at winning it all but misfired by pinning their fortunes on the wrong coach (MDA) with the wrong approach, coddling a star player by building a team around him when his playing style wasn't going to get them there and by following a GM who was more interested in proving himself to be "the smartest guy in the room" than in making the moves necessary to get them to the NBA Finals.

Trackwell likes this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

clippers look like trash this wouldn't surprise me at all

8. Htown's Finest

How long did it take you to come up with this post?

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish this thread had less bickering about random nonsense and more talk about who the third player is. Who could it be? From listening to the clip Woj makes it sound like the rockets have a (short) list of players that they want. Who is that player and what does this trade look like? Maybe DeAaron Fox? I saw Jamal Murray and Devin Booker mentioned, who would obviously great fits, but I don't think either of those guys are available for a Harden deal. And if it's a 3 team trade, and we assume it's with Philly, then we have to find a team that wants Ben Simmons?

I.D.I.O.T?

HP3 likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dwight is a back up Center in a league that hates traditional centers.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ron Artest made that team relevant when everybody else got hurt. He came here looking for the ring that he found in LA. Not sure why you consider that a bad deal?

Agree with MDA not the right fit. Neutral on the coddling thing - happens more often than not with star players.

I'm over the Morey era, but you cant diminish what he was able to add to the team and how he never fielded a losing season while GM of the Houston Rockets.

12. alethios

alethios Member

F5-F5-F5-F5-F5.......

T.MAC likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep lapping up the owners bs about doing whatever it takes to win.

Its always been my position.
    1) u keep harden as long as possible and try to build around him (cheap ass owner says he will do but never really does it)
    2) hold him to drive up trade offers and hope for the best.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Elienator

Elienator Member

I'm not blaming Fertitta for anything Morey or Harden did, but I still think Fertitta is a bad owner. It's not about not spending money either. It's about trying to run a basketball team like a restaurant chain (my experience with the restaurant industry is it's one of the most poorly manage), and hiring people to do a job and then helicoptering in or micromanaging them.

There are plenty of things Harden and Morey have done that contributed to the Rockets not winning a championship while they were here, but their actions/decisions weren't done in isolation either. It seems clear to me that Harden's desire to leave isn't primarily about winning a championship, but if he's going to ask to be moved he might as well ask for a situation where he is likely to win a championship and send a signal to other teams he cares about winning.

HP3 likes this.
  15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

AND Dwight now has a championship ring while Harden doesn't. That's gotta sting. It's a sentiment I'm hearing from certain MFFLs up here in Dallas after watching Rondo get a ring. He's pretty much despised because of the way he forced his exit from the Mavs - not unlike what Harden is trying to do now with the Rockets.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

Lol why would thr Nuggets do this.

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

hoping it's KAT

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

looking into a 3 team trade to ge the player they want.

lol

Looking forward to a trash pairing of John Wall and some one else.

We are back to the Steve Francis and Mobley era with a worse owner.

[​IMG]

HP3 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

There's a difference between Dr. J's one ring as a superstar and Dwight's one ring as a 3rd string Center.

HP3 and mario_v like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw guy wants out. Trade him. Im liking everything stone doing. Even his leaks to for morey hand. I love it. I would get simmons and buddy heild for harden pj and ego. Then swing something with wall for wing.