1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Rockets Pursuing Deals with Trade Exception

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CJLarson, Dec 10, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've been rooting for Daniels to get more time, but when he's out there, he doesn't look good. Sure he's playing with mostly 3rd stringers, but then again he's also playing AGAINST 3rd stringers since it's usually garbage time. Yet he bricks most of his 3-point attempts and can't seem to do anything else out there. There's a reason the Rockets turn 20-point leads into single digit wins when they pull their rotation players in the 4th quarter. Daniels isn't free of blame.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I agree about Brewer making a lot of sense, and I think you make great points in that regard.

However, you are talking about trading Terry, Kostas and Donatas by the trade deadline. That is just too much turnover during the course of the season, and would get rid of too many players that are contributing so much. Teams that trade that percentage of their rotation at the trade deadline do not end up winning titles very often.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I am being exposed as a DOF but every player struggles especially young ones with very little NBA experience. He has looked bad i'll admit but like i said i don't think we should give up on him yet.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Dude, the Jazz will not be that dumb to give you Kanter for free.

Their GM will just LOL at Morey and hang up.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Best Player Available (or COULD be available) making $8.4 million or less this year (listed based on salaries):

George Hill
    Jeff Teague
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Arron Afflalo
    Isaiah Thomas
    Jose Calderon
    Amir Johnson
    Brandon Bass
    Wilson Chandler
    Carl Landry
    Derrick Williams
    Jarrett Jack

After this you'd be getting into players on rookie deals or a player like Greg Monroe who's on a qualifying offer.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

With the contract they gave Hayward and Alec Burks they are not that far off from dumb.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Kanter is a bust right now. I feel the Rockets can turn him into an asset. For eg, Tarik Black doesn't play as well as he has on the Jazz.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The reason Daniels doesn't play is because the Rockets now actually have other players who can shoot 3's.

Daniels was huge for the Rockets, and still would be IF the Rocket brought back the same cast from last year, but the fact is, they didn't and I don't know if Daniels adds anything that someone like Canaan, Bev, or Ariza can't give in small lineups.

Look at Novak with the Knicks vs. Novak with the Raptors. Novak didn't just forget how to shoot. He just wasn't worth the sacrifice in other areas to play as a one-dimensional player. Up to this point Daniels hasn't done much to show he's much more than a spot up shooter and that's ok. There is a place in the league always for guys like him, he just needs to find a home where his skills are in more demand.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Oh, he has a new obsession?

I need to start posting more so I'm aware of these things. :)

And to the poster that replied that he sucks: read again. Any contributions he could provide on the court would be a bonus.

10. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I would love either a rim protector or a guard who can create shots for himself.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Injuries. Our garbage time guys are now in the regular rotation and guys who shouldn't even play at all have become our garbage time guys.

Daniels has not impressed, but I don't think what we are seeing from him is what he really is and also believe if he saw more time with our better guys he would get much better looks.

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Is deadline of Dec 18 set yet?

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would love to get Amir Johnson or Arron Afflalo. They don't fill our need at PG and PF but would greatly improve our depth.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's not about trading for what the Rockets need but what other teams would want.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There are teams lining up out there for bigs.

Cavs are willing to offer Waiters for Kufos, and I am pretty sure they are very happy to take Kanter instead.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

You don't ask a lot :). Cannan is the guard you describe and the best player available is Bass for theTPE .(He isn't a rim protector but he can get the job done)

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Even though this may be a smokescreen to set a deadline like this, you can't help but to think Morey is a tad bit desperate with all these injuries and lack of front court depth. I'm an optimist, so I'm leaning towards that a move will be done within the next week. The opportunity to further solidify the roster in February makes me think that Morey will bite on a deal now.

Last year, Asik was a valuable player coming off the bench; gave us solid front court depth, so I feel it was harder to trade him in December.

This is a TPE, and imo, we can use all the help we need.

I guess it's back to clicking the refresh button for the next week.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

December 18th.

SOON

I knew Drew was right

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Woj said 19th

20. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I agree talented 7 footers don't grow on trees. Bigs usually develop late anyways, so i really was not surprised that he struggled early on. He has a great work ethic and drive. I would hate to give him away.