1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Rockets Pursuing Deals with Trade Exception

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CJLarson, Dec 10, 2014.

1. studogg

studogg Member

Bass is who they want. It gives them the ultimate flexibility.
    a) To either stand put and have Bass balance out the lack of height in the frontcourt and still have his rights to retain or trade in the offseason
    b) or use his salary in combination with pups and pics to upgrade to third "star level" player

He is the largest expiring available big.

My bet is that they know they can get Hayes now and Boston is holding out. The question becomes, would you take Hayes and re-tradeability at the deadline over simply getting bass at the deadline

I also wonder if Landry has any trade value if you were to take him back now. Not sure with the deal he's on though

#181 studogg, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. basketballholic

They don't want Bass if they're pursuing a trade for Rondo. Rondo most likely comes with Wallace at this point. They want an expiring they can flip to Boston along with our expirings, plus a couple youngsters/future pick for Rondo/Wallace/minimum salary guys.

Either this or possibly a Lopez/Garnett deal for basically same mess except more salary outgoing.

3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

A guy that I have not seen brought up yet is Ryan Anderson. We were looking to trade Asik for this guy straight up last year. Also his contract expires next year. Meaning if we still want KD next year we will acquire a contract that will hurt our chances. He can help this team as is and can be more helpful to this team when D Howard returns.
    Also the reason why Houston wants to use the TPE now is so the player can be traded at the deadline and the TPE is only a one for one deal

4. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

A guy that I have not seen brought up yet is Ryan Anderson. We were looking to trade Asik for this guy straight up last year. Also his contract expires next year. Meaning if we still want KD next year we will acquire a contract that will hurt our chances. He can help this team as is and can be more helpful to this team when D Howard returns.

Also the reason why Houston wants to use the TPE now is so the player can be traded at the deadline and the TPE can only be used as a one for one deal.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

does channing frye fit into the TPE? i not it sounds unreasonable he gets traded just wondering because i think i remember reading you can go over the actual TPE by like 100,00 or something...

Thanks in advance, will rep

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Anderson isn't having a good year. 32% from 3 and 41% from the field. Looks like the Rockets made the right decision taking the pick instead of Anderson.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yes to the Boston deal

8. craguin

craguin Member

He's arguably more productive than Aaron Afflalo. Keep him or flip him later?

[​IMG]

9. studogg

studogg Member

my firm belief is that they don't want rondo.

I still believe they already had a shot and both Dwight and James declined given Rondo's attitude. I'd think they still have similar veto power and wouldn't know why they would change their mind now, especially when this team appears better than last years.

And I do love his ball handling and he's getting back into the swing, but his lack of shot would be very detrimental to the team as constructed. All that said is why I seriously doubt they're really interested in him.

#189 studogg, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  10. omgTHEpotential

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yes. He does fit. Lin TPE is $8.37. Frye's current salary is $8.18.

And yes, you can add $100k to the TPE, so we could bring back a player making $8.47.

Don't worry about the rep.

1 person likes this.
  12. craguin

craguin Member

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

i thought i remember him playing really good to start the season. and it being floated out there about how the coaching staff helped him thru the tragedy. i just assumed that the percentages dropped because of tweaking his back...

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Can we use the TPE on a coach? Sry I had to lol

19. JoeBarelyCares

Maybe Morey's hoarding salaries to make a run at Bosh, if Miami flounders and decides to tear it down. Would probably cost us the N.O.Pick and maybe TJones as well. Morey would quickly part with those two assets and take on 4 1/2 years of contract given his man crush on Bosh.

20. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Josh Smith!! LOL> remember when everyone was clamoring for him? yeah… so glad we dodged that one. just turrible