1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Whatever it take babe.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Completely against this, still hoping and praying this is just the Rockets making it clear that they can get Butler and he does the opt in scenario.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Trade tucker and resign house and faried

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If we trade Tucker, I'm sure Morey will have a backup plan for a 3&D role player just like he did when we let Ariza walk last offseason.

Maybe the Sixers can throw someone else in...hmm...

this guy?
    [​IMG]

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Would suck to lose all three, but I think this is just posturing to get Philly to the table.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If it costs Capela, Tucker and Gordon to get Jimmy Butler, it’s not worth it. He’s a top 20 player in the league, but not top 5. Also, good luck winning a championship in the first season when you have to completely rebuild team chemistry and everyone has to learn how to play together. I want Butler too, but there is a line where the cost is too much. Giving up P.J. Tucker is that line.

Also, it will not be easy for Morey to find another P.J. Tucker. Tucker is tight with both Harden and Paul, can guard multiple defenders, and is the defensive leader on this team. He’s not easily replaceable and not worth giving up for a team with championship aspirations like the Rockets.

clutchdabear, RocketRed84 and YOLO like this.
  8. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Hope so!

RocketRed84 likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It’s irrelevant whether Tucker is a major superstar or not. He’s the team’s defensive leader and backbone. For that reason alone, he should be kept out of trade talks. Then, when you add in the fact that Tucker is tight with both Harden and Paul, it becomes a no brainer.

Kornel87 and RocketRed84 like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

I’ll take Danny Green, Aminu and Looney over Butler with us losing Capela / Ego in the process. Lopez and one of them even more so!

mario_v likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

While i get what you're saying, and i would do everything possible to not move him, i have to disagree with this. I've been one of the biggest supporters of PJ since we signed him (when some people actually said we ) cause i already loved him when he was in Phoenix, but if he's the piece you have to trade in order to get a star in his prime like Butler, you just do that.

I actually wonder if people would've said the same thing about Trevor when he was here if he was for some reason the difference between getting Butler or Davis, Beal etc...pretty sure most of the people would've been fine with moving him.

As for the chemistry i don't think it would be a problem, these guys are not J.R Smiths in this league, they are actually smart guys who understand how the league works. The Warriors were ready to dump Iguodala and Bogut years ago to sign Dwight, when that didn't happen those two just played without iissues and were a big part of the Warriors success.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't even consider Tucker 3andD. He can only shoot from two spots behind the arc out of 5. And on defense he simply can't guard a taller player with a legit post game. It's like he's a partial 3andD.

Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. sogood.

sogood. Member

Some people here thought we could get Butler on the cheap, right?

lmao.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

Thank you, if you can get Looney or Aminu to replace Tucker y’all would never even miss him.

mario_v likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol and i guess the fact that those 2 spots are the most important spots to be able to space the rockets on the floor like they want isn't relevant. its a good thing hes the top at that i guess o_O

let us know when the rockets start initiating their offense from the corners, instead of at the top of the key

HP3 likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Actually, if i recall correctly, Iguodala signed with the Warriors in the same off-season that we got Dwight. In fact, people thought the financial gymnastics they pulled off that off-season was for Dwight, but in fact, it was for Iggy. I could be off on that though.

JW86 and Vivi like this.
  17. val_modus

val_modus Member

Not sure where I stand on this, but keep in mind that a lot of people are worried about the CP3 decline, while very few have brought up the decline of a 35 year old 6’5 guy who plays the four and five with major mileage the last few years.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

**** that. I'm not giving up PJ. Morey and Tillman can go kick rocks.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Right now, it's the "top" article in ESPN's headlines. So far, we've dominated ESPN with "Rockets trying to get Butler in an S-n-T" and "Rockets trying to create space by shopping Capela, Gordon."

Why are we the only team talked about? Suddenly, it seems like we're the only team worth talking about, even though no moves have been made.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah..... I would agree if they end up with Butler for Capela, Gordon and Tucker....... but that isn't all they would get.

FWIW in 20 years I will likely look like a taller version of that guy.