1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Rockets getting Steven Adams in trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 1, 2024.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

If his NBA career does not get back on track next year he could become a stunt double for Jason Mamoa. On a serious note I like this trade. If healthy he will be a great backup center and also good for Alpi to practice with and against.

#341 cml750, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    roslolian, AroundTheWorld and Aruba77 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude can do anything, carve out his own show on hunting and survival in the wild.......

Aruba77 and cml750 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As much as their faces look alike, Jason Mamoa would be like a midget next to Steven Adams. :D

OremLK, rfrocket and cml750 like this.
  5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Yep and that would be quite a feat since Mamoa is 6'4''.
    It would be like that old pick of Arnold being held up between Wilt Chamberlain and Andre the Giant!

OremLK, roslolian and Easy like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does not work like that in the movie bizness, they can maneuver their lenses and make you look like Antman turning into a Giant.

Not even mentioning Special Effects.

Momoa is likely a giant among actors and actresses.

Easy likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

People who never got close to NBA players in person don't realize how big those players are. Mamoa would tower over the average man but is still more than half a foot shorter than Steven Adams.

daywalker02 and roslolian like this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Darn, Jocki is tall.....

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Momoa is an undersized Shooting Guard. Basically what Jalen Green should have been if he put on mass.

Especially if tons of Hawaiian peeps play micro ball.

Easy likes this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Can he play tomorrow? Lol

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jock must be 7'2 according to this photo. Those dudes from down under are huge.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    If Jalen carried that stick around, nobody would block him going to the basket.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m suddenly craving cranberry juice.

Easy and don grahamleone like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

No idea if the Rockets have Steven Adams long term, or try to move him at the deadline next year with his contract.

I can say that this weekend I was told by someone that would know - that the Rockets are interested in trading for Trae Young from the Hawks.

The Rockets also know that the Spurs are one of the teams interested as well in Trae Young.

The Hawks put off a lot of their decision until this off season - but they are expected to be very active per Rockets.

Take it for what it is worth... if you want to tell me I am full of **** - feel free to do it on the board, the personal messages take too long to go through.

Personally I am not a big fan of Young at what the likely cost will be in terms of prospects and draft picks.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing. I think it lines up with what Kelly Iko has been saying that they are going "star hunting" in an aggressive way. Since Giannis, Luka, Tatum, etc. aren't going anywhere it kind of narrows it down to the Trae Young types who would be probable targets.

I personally think this type of trade is short sighted IMO. If Trae Young was a cornerstone star why the heck are the Hawks that bad. Even James Harden who is as flawed of a superstar as you can get, could take a team of role players and the team immediately was a 48 win team plus.

I guess I don't fault the Rockets for shaking the trees to see what falls in their lap, but it does look very desperate to be pinning your hopes on trading for Trae Young... knowing you'll have to give up the farm to get him as well.

17. MystikArkitect

Trae Young and Alperen Sengun is nightmare fuel on defense.

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Can't see myself going through 82 games of Alpi and Trae being hunted on the pick and roll.

19. MystikArkitect

I could see the Rockets trading Sengun and Brooklyn picks for Trae Young to complete Stone's obsession with a hyper offense backcourt which would put me the absolute closest I'd ever be to actually becoming a fan of another team.

dobro1229 likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He looks short and unhappy. Should be traded before this season ends. Do it, Rough-El.

ElPigto likes this.