1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey is wrong here, with CP3 healthy we beat them in 6 games.

DD

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nobody is stopping Durant lol

tobster likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20,000,000 combined for Ariza and Luc would have been a pretty ridiculous decision -- we're just going to have to wait and see what Morey can pull off.

brosef, dlite316, davidio840 and 3 others like this.
  4. tobster

tobster Member

What am I justifying or even have the need to justify? Those are guys I didn't want us to spend money on..... The only guy I want paid is Capella but just do it logically... If someone offers a contract then match it. If not then low ball him but not too much to where he takes the QO. I could care less about losing Ariza or Luc because you can teach defense to other guys. Not sure what is hard to understand in that...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

if teaching defense is so easy then why aren't there more guys that are capable. And even have a sustained role. its not as easy as you think to find high iq defenders and are able to stay on the floor enough to actually contribute.

6. Mr. Space City

a fat lazy inefficient chucker who can't get to the rim anymore and plays trash defense?

sign me up.

7. tobster

tobster Member

It's definitely easier than teaching a guy how to score right?

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

If we replaced Ariza and LMM with Melo would we have won? Cause all I saw was KD looking like no one was even guarding him

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

let’s just say that after 16 years of rarely being interested in playing D, I’m not gonna hold my breath

even if this inner fire gets lit, the guy is 34 and lacks lateral quickness/explosiveness

tc0330 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

when you have a team that has already shown they can have a one of the best offensive seasons not only in franchise history but league wide, whats more important to balance out that team. and what was key to matching up with this historic GS team that translated to the most success they've ever had

Stack24 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

would this be a first ever in history, to go from all that to Ariza/LMM level of defense

12. tobster

tobster Member

Luc and Ariza were not the answer. It was Chris Paul.

seclusion and steddinotayto like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 was not the answer to the team reaching another level defensively. PJ, Luc, and Ariza were more impactful than he was. they are the reason switch everything works.

14. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Count me on the ANTI-Melo train
    He has not helped any team he has been on, and he is older and plays worse defense than James Harden.

PASS ON MELO!!!

15. Mr. Space City

melo apologist never learn

[​IMG]

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kawhi might do it actually, we just need to trade for him [​IMG]

Angkor Wat and Reeko like this.
  17. tobster

tobster Member

So Luc was part of that? Interesting.... In spite of him disappearing we could have won with a healthy CP3.... but okay.

18. today

today Contributing Member

We just need our defense back for the playoffs... I look for Ariza/Luc/Jordan as buyout candidates to help out.

19. mightybosstone

I'm sorry, but this statement is completely absurd. Whether you like the guy or not, he's a lock for the Hall of Fame and posted an efficient 28 points per game at his peak. There are few players in the history of the NBA capable of that level of offensive production.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think it would be an amazing feat if Melo managed to be just average defensively for the entirety of next season/playoffs

CP3’s gonna have to babysit him and hype him up to play D all season

I’m sure if he came here he’d be locked in defensively for the 1st couple of games, but 16 years of bad habits won’t be easily broken.