1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Report: John Wall increasingly likely to sit entire season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 11, 2021.

1. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

KPJ took over Wall's tank commander position. Wall has been relieved from his duty

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How long until Wall asks to go to the G league for some action?

DD

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I said this originally.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I understand sitting him if you are working a deal, but if there are no deals in the foreseeable future, why not play him ? If the goal is to develop the younger players, is taking a few minutes away from KPJ going to really derail some sort of path to super stardom for him? It may be good to have a veteran on the floor to learn a few things from, Wall is no Lebron/Rondo/CP3 basketball mind, but he is not a fool either.

You will still lose a ton of games with him on the floor, but this just seems like we are building a losing culture, as a franchise they are ok with losing and losing a lot. That type of mentality can stain the franchise and could be hard to come back from. So far it only seems like Maybe Christian Wood is genuinely upset loosing, the rest of the team is happy to be in the league for now. This method worked for the Astros, but I am not sure it works in the NBA unless you have an incredible front office.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Looks bad.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

17/18 - $18 million 41 games
    18/19 - $ 19 million 32 games
    20/21 - $ 41 million 40 games

From 2017 to 2022, he played 113 games for $160 million.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah i am applauding this... sitting johnny the ballhog who ruined one entire season of rockets basketball for me is my championship for this year....

i hope they really continue with sitting him for good or ill start boycotting rockets games again

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so fitting that the toxic ballhog is benched for good lololololol

he insulted basketball gods by staining the beautiful game of basketball

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They want to prevent him from getting hurt so badly that they cannot trade him as an expiring.

With our luck, he'll probably slip in the bathroom and tear his ACL anyway.

amaru likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

I think Wall is still an all star if given an average coach, system and team to work with. He was/is a great talent. He earned his contract.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

160,000,000/113 = 1,415,929. 1.4 million dollars per game. Assuming he plays all 48 minutes of every single game, that's $29,498 a minute.

It took me about 2 minutes to do the math and type this post. If I was Wall, I would have earned 60k in that time frame.

What am I doing with my life? :(

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  12. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually he averaged about 33.5 minutes per game, a total of 3802 minutes to be exact. That's $42,083 per minute, or $701 per second.

Yeah, what are you doing with your life? :D

txtodd likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol his hands were also healthy should of been passing the ball...hed still be playing.....

punishing rockets for siting him would be as absurd as commisioner punishing players for ballhogging or taking inefficient shots....

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If I were the league I wouldn’t be okay with this. If he was coming off an injury, fine. You’re not a good team, you’ve got young talent to develop, he’ll eat up their minutes and it won’t actually help compete. But he’s 100% healthy. This is tanking, which is against league rules. Sitting while you wait for a trade is one thing. Sitting a healthy, star (yes, he’s still considered a star) player an entire year so you can “develop” aka get a high draft pick is anti competitive and the league should not allow it.

I fully understand that this is better for us in the long run. It’s not better for the league. Those casual fans who go to games will be less and less likely to attend games this season and that hurts the league. It also gives a pass to other teams to shut down their best players when they know they’re not going to win. That’s now how this league is supposed to operate. Teams have a duty to attempt to compete, not give up when they don’t think they’re a top 5 team. /rant

amaru and ashleyem like this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

DNP-MD (management decision)

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. The next CBA should outlaw Rich Paul from being involved with the NBA.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

should also league not allow johhny the ballhog to ballhog?

cause you really cant be competitive with the ballhogin star that cant shoot and wont pass the ball

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering that he tore his achilles while slipping at his house, it's a very real possibility lol.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like I've said all along, as poor a shooter as he is, Simmons still has a tradable contract (as long as you're not looking for a superstar, another starter, and 3-4 FRPs in return, like DM). Make the Simmons-Wall trade, and throw in House or even KPJ if we have to, but no FRPs. Let Simmons play this year, then trade him over the summer for more usable assets. In a couple of years, Ja will be ready for us to pluck as a FA, right when Green/Sengun/Martin/etc. are starting to hit their strides.

If Morey doesn't take that deal, then sit tight. But the pressure is building on him in Philly. That entire situation is toxic and weighing heavily on the team. Meanwhile, Embiid's patience is growing thin.

Easy likes this.