1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj podcast with Murray

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jun 8, 2016.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

My GOD, I'm sick of that "3rd most wins over the last 10 years" line. Try something else.

1 person likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're not sick of the:

"Rebuilding without tanking."
    "Only a handful of coaches since the championship years."
    "Yao and Tmac were injured in 09."
    "Houston is a FA destination! NBA players make Houston their home in the off season."

You have to remind them!

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I need the Third Most PLAY OFF WINS or something

We starting a NEW 10 yrs now. . .
    everything before now don't count no more!!!

Rocket River

4. basketballholic

Don't forget we've won the seventh most championships over the last 10 years too.

5. Pete the Cheat

I guess Dwight is great, but no star?

6. WestendMassive

3rd most wins and zero playoff success except for one season should be cause for concern, not celebration

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That was my exact take as well. Solid interview.

8. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Woj's podcasts are generally pretty standard "press-y" Q&A's but I did like the insight Morey gave in regards to this upcoming free agency and potential movements in this year's draft.

9. Nook

Nook Member

He has marching orders from his boss, just like you and I.

When Morey finally is done with the NBA, he is going to give some very interesting interviews.... he knows quite a bit and won't be afraid to discuss it all.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thought it was interesting that Morey felt like as many as 20 teams could be looking to move 1st round picks in the draft. Made me feel like the Rockets might have a chance to get back into the 1st round.

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

So much spinning.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought the same but I also thought that we hear something similar to this every year (if not directly from Morey).

Maybe a first rounder can finally be had (GM's hoard them like gold nuggets), but how high of a pick can we get and at what cost?

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here, also cause we have a handful of players which probably have the value of a 1st rounder in this draft, and these kind of trade would help us with cap space too.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really don't think we can trade for a top 10 pick, even if this draft is "meh", but i think outside the top 10 we can. Hell, last year Bud and the Hawks traded the 18th pick for Tim Hardaway jr...

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Does he really have a choice? It was PLAINLY obvious from the way Les acted in the presser that this hire was his decision. Morey is simply playing the role of "company man" and trying to provide Les some cover with the fans who don't like nor believe this was a smart hire. No matter, this move confirms my belief that Morey now is a dead man walking.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hypothetically, how high of a 1st round pick (or 2nd round) could each player potentially fetch? You can give ranges if need be.

Clint Capela
    Trevor Ariza
    Patrick Beverley
    Corey Brewer
    KJ McDaniels
    Montrezl Harrell
    Sam Dekker

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Great post, imo:

Capela - top 10

Ariza - 10/20

Beverley - 15/25 (Pat has a better contract than Ariza and he's younger, but he's not starter material in 28 teams right now since he needs a player like Harden or Lebron to avoid being exposed as a poor passer/pg in general etc...)

Brewer - 30/45

McDaniels - 20/35

Harrell - 30/35

Dekker - 30/35

I'd also add D.Mo and Jones since they're both probably gone, Jones at least.

D.Mo - 10/20 (this is a big "?" for me though, i really don't know what to expect about his market value...but if someone does not see his back as bad as Detroit, i think he can still have a good value)

Jones - 40/60

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I could see Morey moving Ariza for a 1st round pick and then replace him with a FA like Jared Dudley or if they go all in with someone like Batum.

I am not for/against moving Ariza, but he might be able to net a nice young prospect and at the same time have the benefit of FA to replace most of Ariza's talents on the roster.

Timothe Luwawu might be available in that 10/20 range as someone the Rockets could be interested in. Just throwing out some ideas.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If next year is a "feeler" year for the roster and Dan Tony, I'd like to see KJ get burn time if Ariza is dealth

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ya know what, I figured the "what pick can these players fetch" was good enough for it's own thread.

So I created one here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=275424

ViVi, steddinotayto, feel free to re-post your thoughts in that thread.