1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] No contact at all between HOU & BKN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 8, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

@Clutch and rockets fans might have to accept the possibility that a satisfactory trade offer for Harden doesn't exist.

As in - no team is going to give up a young star and multiple draft assets. Seems crazy when the trade target is a top 5-7 player in the world with 2 years left on his contract.

Initially I thought the Rockets would easily get a huge haul in any Harden trade... Now I highly doubt it.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we dont get an acceptable offer, he plays 2 years and then opts out.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Yes, that's a real possibility imo. If it's between that and taking the Nets offer, Rockets should def not take the Nets offer

Dacamel likes this.
  5. jayydela

jayydela Member

Waste his prime. He's on contract for 2 years. Hate it came to this.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Again, we will trade James to the Nets once both KD and Kyrie get injured out for the 2021 season thus ensuring that FRP will be much higher than 16-25. I wish no ill will on KD or Kyrie. JUST SAY'IN.

If Brooklyn is doing nothing to come up with better assets or bring in a 3rd and 4th team to make this happen then he ain't going to Brooklyn despite how sad his momma and sister are.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I’ll let him rot then. We can just fine/deny his salary. And gon on about the season. No point in taking a non satisfactory package.

Mr.Scary, Ramo$e, payaso and 2 others like this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Also, according to the current CBA, if James Harden were to sit out an entire season, he doesn’t accrue any service time towards the remaining two years of his contract. He can miss training camp all he wants, but he definitely won’t be sitting out the season.

HTown_TMac, BigM and Ramo$e like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If we send him to Brooklyn so that the NBA can get its glam NY-LA matchup we better get that lotto stern special, #1 pick.

I mean, was it really a coincidence that the Pels got the #1 pick to help facilitate that trade and give AD to the Lakers?

Dacamel, jayydela, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Harden couldn't live in a locker room with Paul, and his enthusiasm for his friend Westbrook evaporated in less than a season.
    How long does Harden think locker room peace with Kyrie Irving can last?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey wants Tucker ( the stabilizer) along with Harden. I don’t want Ben plus junk. I like Thybulle along with a healthy Ben.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kyrie really is something else lol. I can't believe he spat all over Lebron as if Bron didn't carry his ass. Cavs team with Kyrie were lotto teams, not even competitive.

Kyrie also has never played a full season and honestly I don't ever expect he will.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even more corruptly obscene was the fakers magically landing the #4 pick against miniscule odds, to help them get AD

JayGoogle, Ramo$e and JumpMan like this.
  14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is why Kyrie would have to go if Harden goes to Brooklyn.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree and that's the main reason why i think the Nets thing is made up, unless Irving is part of the deal of course, and hopefully to end up on a third team.

16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Trading Harden for a Pu Pu Platter hurts more than helps even if the alternative is Harden walks in 2 years. That path never gets you to a championship contender, at least him walking gets you 2 more years of competing and an opportunity to tank. To me, it’s Simmons or full steam ahead.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Exactly. Two drama queens on one team is a recipe for disaster.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Why cause he went on a bender? I am not fond of Harden's partying but he is obviously committed to basketball and will very likely committed to a new team assuming they are a contender. Do you think the perception of Harden has changed after a bender to force the Rockets hand and let Tilman know he is finally fed up? I wish Harden would have done this the offseason we were 1 win/healthy hamstring away from a likely title and yet we didn't resign Ariza, we didn't resign Luc. Instead we pinned all of our hopes on a vet min Carmelo signing, James Ennis, Michael Carter-Williams, etc. If I remember correctly we left the MLE alone that season but did use it later in the season on Austin Rivers and no defense Kenneth Faried. They were good additions but what if we just signed a player similar to Ariza or Luc for the MLE or traded for someone with that kind of production and stayed in the luxury tax. Could we have finally knocked off an injured GSW and Toronto Raptor team? That is when I knew were in for a long haul with Tilman as owner.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

what does 15% trade kicker mean?

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Short answer to your question is - no. I don't think his trade value was significantly impacted by the bender.

Long answer - When the Harden trade demand first surfaced, I agreed with Clutch's tweet that demanded Simmons, Jrich and all PHI's picks.
    After a few weeks and seeing the lack of interest around the league in a Harden trade - my expectations diminished. This is just my own estimation/blind guess. But after reading many different blogs, reddit threads and listening to different podcasts - I found there simply isn't a big clamor or desire for a Harden trade out there. There aren't teams like the Lakers for AD or even fans of other teams urgently wanting their organization to make the trade. Perhaps its just that I've missed it or that these organization are doing a great job of being secretive. But right now, I don't see any teams willing to give up anything close to an AD haul for Harden.