1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: morey would make it work for lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 7, 2017.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Woj didn't make this comment about any other team......went out of his way to link lebron to the rockets.....

Hmmmm.....

May seem like an obvious statement but woj has probably heard something to out of nowhere make this statement.

Tfor3 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  2. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Lebron seems like a pipe dream, but not if we get Melo. Harden, CP3, and Melo would be highly attractive to Lebron. All we would need is Wade to join of a lower salary contract and the BFF's would finally get to play together.

amaru and Tfor3 like this.
  3. alethios

alethios Member

It's the ESPN effect.

Richie_Rich and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I have an open question to CF, should make a thread and a poll but anyway...how many of you would trade our entire roster for the Warriors entire roster? Would it still feel like a legit championship to you?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

FWIW...

Woj historically has been anti-LeBron.

Has a couple hit pieces out there. It's what Woj did to guys who wouldn't give him scoops.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kind of a hard question to answer because it'll never happen. It's like asking what if Morey invented an age reversing device and brought back MJ, Bird, Magic Hakeem to play with Harden would it feel like a legit championship.

If you are asking about getting Lebron to team up with our main guys that we have now, I'd say yes. It would feel legit.

Say what you want about the players themselves, but the teams that create the environment that is attractive for major stars to come is a legit process.
    Durant himself has nothing to do with Golden State creating a team and situation that made him want to come join.

If Lebron wanted to come here it'd be because of moves Morey had made to make this an attractive situation for him. Getting Harden, Trading for CP3, Possibly Trading for Melo...And then being able to maneuver the cap to make it work financially.

Someone saying it's not legit is just further proof that you can't please everyone. Morey doesn't do enough , he sux as a GM. Goes out an puts together a super duper team, it's not legit.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm not bashing Morey or the organization. Any of us in his position would acquire the undisputed 5 best players in the world if that option presented itself. I just have a hard time welcoming someone like Lebron with open arms..I'm beating a dead horse because I've mentioned it in other threads, but I really like the idea of a super-team with ringless stars (Paul, Harden, Melo)..yeah we have Ariza but he's a role player.

IDK I'm just not warm to the idea of Lebron. It doesn't feel right to me. But I know I'm the fool in this discussion haha

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Poll it so we can ban the users who said no.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder if Morey would make room for Anthony Davis. Somebody ask Woj.

cerophilik likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Maury already ready to dump Melo

Savage

RockWest and malakas like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Woj is killin time but nice of him to get down to that topic.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Random question. Don't want a topic to start this.

IF Morey could give you Melo paul and Lebron for 2 years max but it cost losing Harden. Would you do it?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know your concern, I had that with star players I did not see eye to eye with.

But it is a no brainer with Lebron, that dude can ball till he is probably 37, 38.

My heart and mind are in unison on this.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No I wouldn't.
    You can keep melo or lebron but I'm not trading Harden. Without harden we wouldn't have gotten Dwight and now Paul.
    I know Dwight didn't work out but remember how most of us were excited he picked us and we went to conference finals.

16. malakas

malakas Member

my god! I just logged in CF, saw this thread title on top of the page and almost pissed on my pants! Lebron is coming!!
    Only to see this idiotic question and answer???
    WTF. WOW he could clear cap space? Even a 5 year old would make it work for Lebron ffs.

No Chance likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt Cavs would blow it up this year.... He is a FA next year so the earliest is probably next year. Long long shot. Or not even that.

Even it is a Lebron is coming with valid source I would question this. Until Multiple Sauces!

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Woj is starting to become the typical version of ESPN reporter, no **** bruh...every gm in the league would do the same thing

malakas likes this.
  19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Like i said everyone is SLEEPPPPPPPPPPPP

All signs point towards BananaBoat 2018 in Houston

DONT @ ME!

Just have to get Melo here ASAP.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Also,

Chris Paul opts out. Melo Opts out. Ariza expires..... Rockets renounce rights to both of them.

Harden gets the DVP extension, the old 4 split up the rest of the money,Rockets wont be hard capped, re-up Capella, sign the ring chasers to Min contracts.

This is all working out. Bright days ahead for this Rockets team. :D