1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Mavericks, Rockets have discussed Rajon Rondo trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 17, 2014.

1. anchel

anchel Member

Good post, but I don't think Rondo is going to be as cheap as you guess... I bet Ainge is asking for one of Dmo/TJ + pelicans pick, at the least.

The most important topic with RR is the structure of our offense.
    I have serious doubts that he would fit well in our current offense. BUT, with Dmo entering as starter and Rondo instead of Pat, the Rockets shoudl and would adapt their game to that new lineup. And we must have in mind that you don't get Rondo for NOW, but for 4-5 entire seasons.

Another factor it is the likleyhood of getting Dragic, and its price. Morey knows all that.

My opinion is that I trust Daryl. If we get Rondo, I'm in with getting Rondo. If we pass, I'm with Daryl too.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Question: does anyone know if teams intentionally foul rondo now? I thought it doesn't make sense to intentionally foul if the shooter is even slightly above 50%. Like if howard could be 55% from the line coaches wouldn't employ this tactic.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why bother fouling him when you are going to beat his sorry team anyway?

Just makes the game longer.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whatever Lakers were offering for Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green - I was told Jordan Hill and a first-rounder at least - Celtics declined.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/545676080921985025">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man!

I saw JR had the last post and I thought DRAGIC!

So deflated...

6. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEiq84XKuhA

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I can definitely see this being the case given the relationships of the involved parties

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

LOL @ Lakers offering Jordan Hill :grin:

9. Epz

Epz Member

Hill can't even be traded till the 15th of next month.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Smart of Ainge to leak Randle. He wants Randle, the Lakers aren't stupid. He's hoping Kobe catches wind and storms into management's office (and I mean management, not Kupchak, he'll go over his head I'm sure) demanding they get Rondo. That's another 5 open shots for Kobe per game.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Meh, not too excited on rondo, i acutally like the BEV and Terry with Caanan as a 3rd option. With the addition of rondo, how does that even work anymore?

or do we include Caanan or terry on the trade and risk it coming back to bite us in the ass like we did dragic?

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That was this month.

13. Epz

Epz Member

Jordan Hill, who signed a two-year, $18-million contract over the summer, cannot be traded until Jan. 15. In Hill's case, he received a raise greater than 20%, triggering the longer trade restriction, which applies only to players signed while their team is over the NBA's $63.1-million salary cap.

Got this from the LA times.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...lakers-trade-restrictions-20141216-story.html

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Correct

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Perceived as sellers, Celtics have received inquiries about Jeff Green from Clippers, Pelicans, Grizzlies but Cs not interested in offers.</p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/545683061137231873">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

lol..what?

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Do you actually believe trading Jason Terry or Isiah Canaan would come back to bite us?? Terry is 36 years old, and is only here because his contract is incredibly trade-friendly. Canaan, while young and showing promise, would have to improve by light years on the defensive end to ever be considered as a real option to be the starter on a championship team. If all we're required to give up for Rajon Rondo is Canaan, Terry, and perhaps one of our PFs, you do it. I think some of you really underestimate just how big of an impact a 48 minute PG rotation of Rondo and Beverley would have on the defensive end in a 7 game series. That's enough to wear ANYBODY out, including the likes of Conley, Paul, Parker, Curry, etc.

18. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Agreed, we go through this every year with our fans having serious attachment to our players. The types of looks that Howard would get as well will be huge.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

playoffs basketball defense at its finest right there.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dallas is emerging as the frontrunner in pursuit of a deal to acquire Boston's Rajon Rondo, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/545697099644669953">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>