1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Lionel Hollins, Grizzlies likely parting ways after contract discussions collapse

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redhotrox, Jun 2, 2013.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very understandable.

2. what

what Member

Pera and Co. don't care about winning, they care about getting the credit. ASbout what I'd expect from kids, and an agent with an ego.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, sure is. If things like this didn't happen in the league with depressing regularity, I wouldn't believe it. The firing of a successful coach because, by golly, you can!

4. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

If someone had told me the head coaches of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seeds in the Western Conference (effectively the 5th, 6th, and 7th best teams in the NBA) would all lose their jobs after the regular season ended, I would've called him/her insane.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Especially when all of them led their teams to franchise-best W/L records. But...

1. Vinny had to go. No-brainer there.

2. George Karl has to be held responsible for his players completely losing their mojo against an inferior team they should have dominated in 4 or 5 games. He was also reverting back to being Mr. Crankypants because he was going into the last year of his contract and wanted an extension. Nuggets just decided to avoid the fuss. Karl has mellowed a lot since the cancer but he's still George Karl.

3. Hollins being cut loose by Memphis is a mistake IMO, but he didn't mesh with new management.