1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

WOJ: Klay Thompson tore ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t feel bad at all for the Warriors.

They lucked into KD and then tanked for Wiseman.

They also have a 17,000,000 trade exception to get a guard.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yeah, usually I would have said the "I feel bad for.....), but I'm not. Klay could have seriously injured Harden on any of his multiple dirty plays, so screw it.

3. HardenVolumeOne

i kept saying for years that the biggest reason for steph curry's insane shooting efficiency was because he almost NEVER had to exert himself on the other end( which tire out the legs), not only that, but his usage was super low because most if not all of the time draymond was handling the ball most of the initiation possessions . So all Curry really had to was run around screens and shoot the ball. Life has been easy for curry for YEARS now, warriors and nba fans kept bringing up similarities with how curry gets doubled similar to harden. When that was never the case, curry would get doubled off the pick n roll, and it was more of a trap. Klay being there made it so a full out double that we saw this past season with harden would be stupid to try. Curry was flustered by a simple box and 1, we have seen Harden beat this defense for years now, even an extreme version of it in toronto this year kept harden to only 23 points, but he was 7-11 and the gravity he created helped a journeymen like ben mclemore hit 8 threes

What guys like Ben Taylor of Thinking Basketball don't take it account when they elevate Curry as the best player in the league as he did in 2019 and claim that he is better than harden is that when you have better players around you, by in large your workload will be lighter. Ben knocks Harden because of his usage when hardens efficiency being elite despite his relatively high usage being incredible should be praised. Because normally when your usage goes up your stats and efficiency go down. It will very interesting watching the career of Doncic( who has already had a few injures in his brief career due to high usage), and also Giannis. This part of Hardens game is very underrated, as we saw in 2019 that with just a small increase in usage for a guy like Steph Curry caused an injury not even 4 games into the season. Thats why im now more than ever going to keep an eye on the warriors this upcoming season

Jontro, roslolian, jowman and 5 others like this.
  4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Didn't read the whole thread. Harden for Klay ( I remember how the usual suspects used to say how he was so much better than Harden due to being such a tow way player). Plus of course Wiseman, a couple picks (iirc they have Minnesota's lightly protected pick next yr) and their best younger player or two.

If Klay never recovers he will just help with deep tanking.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Seriously? Damn! Just saw that. What goes around comes around, I guess. I hope Thompson makes a full recovery, eventually, but that's back to back very serious injuries. Wow.

It would appear that Golden State's luck has finally run out.

STR8Thugg and daywalker02 like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Oubre is probably a pretty good get for the warriors. Wonder what they'd have to give up.

If rockets want to get out from gordon's contract they better move quick.

9. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I appreciate your detailed analysis. Definitely agreed. Harden accomplished incredible feats, especially in 2018-2019. Curry has rarely been the primary playmaker for long stretches, and had a lot of capable defenders next to him to help alleviate even more energy on the other end. I too will be paying attention to them as I wanted to get a chance to see if curry could carry by any means with lesser parts last year. Hopefully he stays healthy and we'll see.

With regard to Harden, I think his whole carry potential sparked in the 2016-2017 season when MDA made the move to have him as the pg/playmaker 24/7. When Harden proved he could get his pts AND distribute at an elite rate, I don't think he was ever able to transition back to a true sg when cp came here, comboing playmaking & shotmaking with offball movement (unlike his first 4 years with the Rockets), especially when his iso/stepback went to another level.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Oh darn, Klay Thompson tore his achilles? That's a shame.

[​IMG]

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I never thought in my Lifetime I would Hate the Team more than the Jazz John Stockton, Karl Malone and Jerry Sloan.

Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Steve Kerr Have Dethroned the Jazz, Now it's the Warriors. With Scott Foster, Ed Malloy as Rigging Referees.

clutchdabear and astrosrule like this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

yup they surpassed the (what i thought were) the untouchable jazz, i'd have bet good money that wouldn't happen in my lifetime but it did

clutchdabear and rockets1995 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

should of never undercut harden on purpose and repeatedly... it was an admission of not really believing gsw is better

clos4life, roslolian and clutchdabear like this.
  14. jowman

jowman Member

Injuries happen. Sucks for them but ain’t like they never had injuries benefit their championship teams.

roslolian likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

People always forget about longevity and endurance when it is so important. Klay and Curry will never reach apex of greatness cuz they are too fragile.

KD's days as one of the greats are prob closed too. Am not optimistic when somebody has a career ending injury its like a dam that burst that player is never the same again health wise see WB.

16. riko

riko Member

Let’s see if Curry can carry a team by himself to a 50 plus wins season like Harden does year in year out

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

ok. so maybe time for donkey to bend his knees backwards and end his career too?

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Idgaf. The one time I will not give sympathy or say the “life is more than basketball” saying.

I want this Warriors team to go through indescribable hell. I’ll never ever get over what they (especially Klay) got away with in 2018 game 7 and other playoff games too. Klay could have destroyed Hardens career when he constantly didn’t let him land.

That 2018 series versus Warriors was fixed and I’ll never believe otherwise.

Hey Klay (and the Warriors), karma is a b****... enjoy.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

#240 J.R., Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021