1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Kelvin Sampson candidate for Brooklyn coaching job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 28, 2012.

1. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Some people tend to hide their niceness and shyness behind their sarcastic tone. I think McHale is one of them. McHale is obviously a good-hearted person and may not always feel comfortable talking to the media and facing the tough questions. Therefore he often uses sarcastic one short sentence to give an answer. That's my conclusion of reading him. ;)

2. TimDuncanDonaut

thanks for the fast post. Later saw it on ESPN; they took Adrian's tweet verbatim; but didn't credit Yahoo.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Do they really have that much talent?

Their front court is terrible defensively. Lopez is a very good offensive player but goes for the block everytime on defense and is essentially a revolving door. Humphries has no desire to play defense.

Joe Johnson is old and not an elite player. Williams is not the player he once was.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The bar is sort of high. You can do well and they will expect greatness. I could not fathom all of the McFail nonsense when it was happening, and I ranted and raved against it. But as soon as the Rockets lose three games in a row it will be back.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I don't know why people hate on him so hard, he's our best 3 point shooter and our best on ball defender, yet he's the team punching bag. He's like Meg from Family Guy.:(

6. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I guess he was implying that TD seems Samposn's favorite player and some even jokingly said in the game thread that TD might be his missing son. Therefore he might want to bring TD whereever he goes. :grin:

7. Nook

Nook Member

LOF are not Rocket fans..... and the "administrator" is not just an administrator. He has given a huge amount of time and effort building this site for nearly 15 years. It is his baby, and he can do anything he wants with it.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not being sarcastic or anything here, but i really wonder if any team would give up anything of value for TD in a trade with us. what do u think we could get (examples)?

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clutch did not make fun of Lin fans, he made fun of delusional conspiracy theorists who somehow thinks Coach Sampson benched Lin when he struggled out of some personal bias.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure, he likely wouldn't be the main piece of any deal but he could be a nice sweetner to a big deal.

12. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

That'd be great for the Rockets, but too bad, the Nets won't be that stupid.

13. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

As someone mentioned above, the nests are full of big name players and I don't know how Sampson could handle their egos and how players would react to Sampson's very direct verbal style.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GGb1VnDqRCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. AbrahamLincoln

I agree, especially about Johnson and Humphries. It's obvious in both cases. But when I look at the east, outside of Miami and NYK there is plenty of opportunity. Plus, I think Williams is still much better than what he has been showing.
    I certainly don't think they can beat the Heat. Even though they have gotten beaten thoroughly by the NYK it would be a good series to watch. With the right HC they could maybe win that series. If the zen master went there peoples perception of them would change. Even if Stan went there. I think Sampson is a good coach, but if i were a Russian billionaire, I would hire someone proven.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would think the only sweet part is that his contract is expiring though....i really don't think any of the other 29 teams would keep him on their active roster, much less consider playing him as part of their rotation

16. trowa2

trowa2 Member

cool, let him have the headcoach job, we will hire nate mcmillan as our assistant coach

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Sounds like a good fit - denim shirts are still popular in Brooklyn

18. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

SAMPSON IS A RACIST! HE NO PLAY LIN BEACUSE OF SKIN COLOR!

If he coach for Net he wont get asian fan support!

19. me005

me005 Member

I think Sampson did a good job while McHale was away and he seems to get along well with all players and the HC, I hope he can stay. It's great to have an opportunity to be a NBA HC but not with this Nets team. A selfish-coach killer-franchise player will not help Sampson's career at all.

I am glad we have Harden :)

20. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'd like to see Sampson bench dour douchebag Deron Williams in the 4th.

Seriously though, good for him if he gets the job.