1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] JVG no longer a candidate for Rockets job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 18, 2016.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

You're a bad fan if you support the **** boys who run this team. Once I see that D'Antoni hired thread I'm throwing my third Harden jersey in the fire and setup an account on WarriorsWorld. Nobody deserves this torture

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I wouldn't say bad fans necessarily.. But some have been watching this team forever (not saying you haven't), it's just frustrating, I mean there has to be better options at coach. Houston outside of 2-3 players cannot run this style of offense. On top of that... The defense was a mess last season. I think D'Antoni could work as a co-head, but unless substantial roster upgrades or defensive minded co/associate hc comes in this is going to be worse than a train wreck. Some of us, even life long hometown team fans have had enough of the direction Les is going (I'll always root for the Rockets, since I'm from Houston).

I mean Les is more interested in the excitement of offense in the regular season, than the reality that some kind of defense is needed in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not quitting but I might be tired of all the time that might be wasted going forward because of stupid decisions that are made. But.... Let's see how this plays out and the offseason etc.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Winning vs. not winning a ring is basically everything in sports. It doesn't mean JVG isn't a good coach, just that it matters. JVG's crazy 8th seed run to the Finals in that strike shortened season... well it doesn't seem like much of a reference point of anything.

Not saying there isn't interest. Am saying at this point, neither guy seems like the "best option" out there.

Yeah, but see... opinions are like.... well, you know.

I'd not be excited about any of the above coaches. I'd be okay with Vogel. All three would be similar to D'Antoni to me.

I just don't know how all of a sudden the decision not to hire JVG has turned into a catastrophe that any reasonable organization would have obviously seen how amazing JVG would be as a coach and how could the Rockets have not seen this, yada, yada, yada...

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm sorry you're so underwhelmed by a coach that's never had a losing season and been to an NBA Finals. ;)

I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years and respect your opinion. Clearly, you're not wild about JVG; I get that. But we both know this team desperately needs a coach that's respected and will hold players accountable defensively. The former is the reason why I have no interest in Blatt; the latter is the reason why I fear this will be D'Antoni's latest failure. Well, that and Coach Pringles has been a disaster when his teams aren't absolutely loaded with offensive firepower.

I'll amend my original statement to this: JVG is the best coach available. In my opinion. Which is all for not now that he's off the table and was never even interviewed.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

JVG ran Yao and TMAC into the ground while he was here. His style of play hastened both of their retirements, good riddance. He's an entertaining commentator though.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

DISGUSTING....

**** LE$!!!!!

SELL YOUR **** TICKETS!!!!

BYE!!!!

7. varughese.arun

8. OpportunityCost

Thank Goodness!!

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

As I said, this is an awful organization.

I hope they sell this team so that this team won't be a joke year by year.

10. dwhite

dwhite Member

Where is Gary Woeful now???

11. OpportunityCost

Finally someone here with a brain. Not sure why others can't comprehend what you just wrote.

12. jerrios

jerrios Member

Really happy JVG is no long considered, not sure why anyone would want him.

Thankfully his favorite players no longer would be available to play like Charles Oakley and Charlie Ward.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So this is the result after they interviewed over 15 candidates???

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDA????Even MVP Nash couldn't win a championship!!!!!

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Shut **** UP.

MDA IS what you want??? seriously???

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

This is the bandwagon-est post I've ever seen. This is why Houston "fans" have such a bad reputation.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What IF Morey owned a team, I think that team would do better

No doubt

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Mike D'Antoni to me revolutionized basketball.&quot; -- Jeff Van Gundy</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/571322611868811264">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Agreed. A lot of people that hate on JVG about the second round BS. should realize that with all the injuries he dealt with his whole time as a Rockets coach, its a near miracle we even made the first round.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't think it matters who the coach is if they aren't allowed to coach. Morey has made it tough on the coaches by demanding the team play Moreyball, and by failing to build a team with any chemistry. Les and Morey weren't going to allow JVG any freedom coaching the team, so JVG will probably be happy he didn't take the job.