1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: JVG at the Forefront

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 21, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

my God this dude is like 60yo tweeting like teenage girl. I can see Harden being touched by bs like that though lol

2. mightybosstone

On principle alone, I have a hard time accepting that our head coach wouldn't know the difference between "there" and "their." Please don't promote this guy!

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep all moreys fault

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If I were JVG, I wouldn't go back to coaching, especially not coaching the Rockets. It's a lot more fun to say whatever you want on ESPN than to shut up and listen, not to mention to get blamed for every loss.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The only reasons I can think of JVG wanting the job is the chance to coach Harden and of course the money. Harden is an all-time great and a one of a kind type player and an NBA head coaching job must pay 10x more than a broadcaster's job. No question JVG ends up miserable if he takes the job.

AroundTheWorld, Dacamel and Tfor3 like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Hot dog eating contest? I've got my money on Windhorse.

Everything else - I'll take Woj.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I don't know Coach VG, but I would imagine it has to be his competitive nature that would compel him to jump back into this hornet's nest. Belief that he can make a difference and perhaps win a championship would seem to be the main drivers for coming back after so long. He's had a long time to assess his strengths and weaknesses, as well as analyze the game. Sure the money is exceptional, but so is the stress and demands on your physical. mental and emotional health. The older we all get, the more we have to consider the tradeoffs. There are some real minefields in this job and Jeff will have to decide is navigating those threats worth the rewards.

joshuaao, Easy, Dacamel and 1 other person like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

JVG rumor , and JL rumor both meant to drive price down on SIlas ?

Guy is a coordinator , but he just got done breaking OTRG results held by GS and Hou the last couple of years ... credit to the players too , but consistently putting them in position to succeed against NBA defenses that are trying their hardest to stop them is no small task.

Outside of Doc unexpectedly shaking loose , you had to figure this guy might be one of the hotter hires. Plus hes got a pretty good position of strength. Cuban is a baller , if SIlas is really that good , he will pay him a raise to keep him on the staff next to Rick to continue having an excellent coaching staff. SIlas has to really want his own shot at HC to come here .... granted im sure he does. But if Tilly is low-balling , then whats to stop him from staying in dallas next year and looking at other openings in the future ?

We might end up with JL by default . Plus , i bet MDA's agent ( warren lagehie "or something like that" ) seems super salty , i wouldn't put it against him to get with other coach's agents and **** with TIlman

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

10. rockets13champs

Maybe that means Lucas didn’t get the job

Rudyc281 and bmelo like this.
  11. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

lol your right about that- Morey did break the Morey stepping down, and hes the best at this..
    also wouldnt suprise me, WOJ gives an update today,

12. macan

macan Member

what's taking you so long to hire a coach Tilman???!
    you have money issue or IQ issue or what??
    cheap arse Tilman..

AroundTheWorld and Dacamel like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did I every tell you guys the story of seeing John Lucas at a bar in Pearland sipping beer out of a cup with a straw?

I introduced myself and he told me he wasn't John Lucas :D told me he gets that a lot. HE WAS WEARING A ROCKETS POLO TOO

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

Wait, so is anyone else thinking since Woj is saying JVG and Wind is saying Lucas that might be an indication that it's going to be Silas?

I'm putting my money on Silas with a John Lucas elevation

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I ran into Mr Mean at a bar. He didn't drink his beer like a b****. Most people here don't even know who that is. Sigh. @tinman knows.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am intrigued by Silas but I think my favorite might be Van Gundy.

I am interested to see Harden in a more structured offense, he can extend his career by getting easier shots.

He also seems to have an eye for coaching talent so his staff should have some fresh thinkers.

AroundTheWorld and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only 99ers know pure things

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you are that guy.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This 99er obsession is starting to veer on sounding a bit too much like eugenics man, ease up. We get it, you were here before Clutchfans was a thing. You saved the team. You prevented Les from moving to Kentucky. I was 10 years old in 99 and watching Rocket Power after school. You hate T-Mac and think LOF are the bane of the universe.

I wasn't born when that player was on the Rockets, but guess what? I am highly literate on the internet and can find out in less than 5 seconds that Larry Micheaux was nicknamed "Mr. Mean". Edit: okay there are two and apparently it’s Larry Smith. Still be nice and quit dividing, there’s enough of that in the world.

And I don't know your intentions when you post that stuff but man, it's just really divisive and comes off as mean.

#119 treyk3, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro that was really Larry Smith :D

Ziggy likes this.