1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Howard to get second opinion on knee, could miss extended time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 29, 2015.

1. Progs

Progs Member

And here we go...:eek:

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well its tmac all over again...

can't trade him this year or next, or else no other big name free agent would sign here anytime soon. i think its acceptable to trade him in his last year of the contract.

by then he'd be coming back from micro fracture surgery. we won't get much for him, but being that we probably wont have him at all next year (assuming he gets off season surgery and misses next year) anything we could get would be good.

if these reports are true, i say let him miss extended time, as long as he is ready for the playoffs. all he needs to do is keep it together for 1 series. all we need for this season to be a success is to get to the second round. next year if dwight misses the season after surgery, we could resign smith using the injury exception, maybe use the pellies pick to draft a center in the lotto.

we would actually extend our championship window.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's the right attitude, my man. Also, you are spot on the Pelicans pick: need to dradt our own center. Harden, D-Mo, Jones are still young so drafting a center to grow with these guys could extend our window of opportunity.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure wish we had Black or even better Whiteside - dang it.

DD

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

clutchfans has lived through two very recent stars having small injuries that led to big ones.

And, and, Lowry is gone right now because of a weird infection that kept him out for over a month.

And that's just the most recent stuff...Clutch City has had more than it's share of strange injuries, and clutchfans reacts this way because of that history. Get off your "smgdmfh" stool, and just admit you know little about Rockets history.

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'll wait for the news before I whine about our luck too much. Hope all is well with Dwight.

7. RCPM

RCPM Member

I rest my case.

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

He will come back like Paul Pierce during Game 1 Finals.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Houstons like that town from once upon a time.

10. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

While Dwight's out, my concern is using Joey Dorsey more than 15-20 minutes in a game. The guy is decent on the defensive end, but has trouble even making layups.

Notice last night in a close game, Dorsey had limited minutes?
    I could see McHale giving Dorsey, D-Mo, and Smith about 15-20 mins. each at center, depending on the situation.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you looking for that meat?

i got it.. but in the white variety.

much healthier :grin:

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Bone on bone. Rockets would be foolish to resign this guy. Amare Stoudmire had all kinds of knee problems before his play declined. If he get's microfracture surgery, that's the end of Dwight Howard, such a shame.:(:eek:

13. awc713

awc713 Member

Chuck Hayes!!!

14. haydenfisher342

Im not happy to see howard injured, im happy to see new blood out on the floor. Dmo is no dwight when it comes to rim protection, but Dmo has been really good at it. I felt this year dwight is more of a liability and it will be nice to see some new players out.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

At least it's not Harden.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Glue factory.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

...That you know little about Rockets' injury history, and how this board defended their injured players as well as any fandom, so we resort to "thrice fooled" jocularity and sports masochism. Yeah, your ignorance on your lonely subject is clear enough.

18. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

The curse of the second opinion lives.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves too far. We don't know how long Howard will be out for.

But our success isn't tied to Howard. It isn't tied to Harden.

James Harden could continue his excellent, MVP-like performances in the playoffs but if we don't have Dwight Howard dominating the boards, shutting down the paint on defense and at least looking pretty good on offense and grabbing offensive rebounds/putbacks, we won't go too far in the playoffs. If we want to legitimately compete for the title we will need both.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe we can get the best of both worlds:

[​IMG]