1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Woj] Howard to get second opinion on knee, could miss extended time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 29, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Combo Breaker!!!!!!

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The difference is, ZBo has a low post game and can shoot away from the basket. Dwight has none of that. The worry is that Dwight's game is heavily relying on his ability to jump quickly and high. A bad knee would take away a big chunk of what made him a great player.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good post. Yeah, I knew their games are different. Still, I reiterated that under the worst case scenario, Dwight should still be effective defending the rim. Of course, he no longer be a max player and I hope he will understand if this is the case.

Nevertheless, all this talk of surgical intervention is way premature. All we can do now is wait. No matter what, this rest will help him.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

If you're talking solely about offense, then sure. Even with his current (this year's) limited athleticism, he's still a game-changer on defense.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Out at least a month per Stein on SC.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

morey seemed optimistic on Dwight to the public radio which he should be. But it's a wait and see game to see how he responds to the bone marrow treatment. But like I said, I doubt he ramps it up to his domination phase of last years playoffs. IF he could return to his high level of play earlier in this season, then that would be a welcome addition.