1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Houston plans to pursue Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Luckily that is the easiest thing to fill with the MLE. Ariza and Marion come to mind as good options.

2. Mr Chuck Norris

If we give up Parsons we HAVE to get Brewer and/or shabazz, WE have no SF if we give up Parsons.

3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Another option is Rondo...rumor is Ainge is open to trading him again!

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

This shouldn't surprise anyone. I think Morey has been thinking about getting Kevin Love for awhile. Whether another offensively minded player who doesn't play much defense will help our team win is another question....

But I wonder if this could be combined with the earlier news that Brooklyn might be willing to trade Asik and Lin for Deron Williams. We send Asik and Lin to Brooklyn (and some draft picks to Minny), Brooklyn sends Williams to Minnesota (he is still better than Rubio and we know how much they love point guards) and Minnesota sends Kevin Love to us?

5. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

If we can get a Defensive wing then it's all good

though we still don't solve the PG problem

This is Morey's most interesting offseason ever. So many different ways this can go

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brewer had a very good season, you don't get good players added in when we'd already be ripping a team off for their disgruntled superstar.

Anyways we have Hamilton, Casspi and Garcia still. Not saying by any means that they are acceptable starters, but they are serviceable if we were to hit a home run with getting Love.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You'd probably be looking at a trade with Orlando or Philadelphia or Boston (or any two of the three) to acquire picks and clear cap room. Depending on how Thursday's draft lottery plays out.

Even then, I don't see how Morey gets it done.

And if he does acquire Love without yielding either of the two current All Stars (which would defeat the purpose), Morey'd still come in ninth for Executive of the Year.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, this is no surprise. Morey will go after anyone that is considered a "superstar."

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

That was the season before, prior to our liquidating all of our assets and primed for a superstar deal.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Covington?

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

This is the perfect response.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know I'm going to get flamed, but here it goes, I actually like Carl Herrera's idea of a Harden for Love swap! Just swap one stud for another! I don't think Minny can get a better offer than that, even with unproven high lottery picks! They are both practically the same age and are just now going into their prime! I think Loves game compliments Howards a lot better than Hardens! But the only way I think this is a certain winner for us is if we can somehow move Asik/Lin for Kyle Lowery either by dealing directly with Toronto or via a 3way trade with another team.

Lowery
    Love
    Howard
    Parsons
    Beverley

Personally, I think this starting five has a good balance of offense/defense and is still a relatively young team!

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Ainge would need a third team unless they get a very high lotto pick.

Rubio and Rondo are redundant players. Also, they'd gut that team (which already isn't very good) to get Love and would likely be worse that Minnesota now.

If Love want's to win and refuses to sign an extension, that's not a good team at all to contend with. Boston and Houston are also on the same tier of market size.

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

is kevin love interested in us? that is the question.

16. Allegro

Allegro Member

Suppose we trade Harden for Love straight up, then sign Lance Stephenson somehow. We'll be a serious contender:

Lin/Beverley/Canaan
    Stephenson
    Parsons
    Love/DMo
    Howard/Asik/DMo

The LOHs will hate this, of course, but most fair-minded people will agree that Lin could run this team spectacularly well.

There would be so much goodness in this lineup. A range 4 to drastically cut the double teams on Howard. Two playmakers: Lin and Stephensen. Three point bombers: Love and Parsons. Pick and rolls galore with Lin+Love, Stephensen+Love, Lin+Stephensen, or Lin+Howard. Two great rebounders: Love and Howard. Good defense (except for Love). With a decent coach, this lineup would be versatile and dominant.

Rubio's fit with Harden could be problematic, but it's not our worry.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Wow on celtics/love/WOJ blog post check out these comments. These guys want ASIK bad. They rather there pick & ASIK instead of LOVE. Guess this why morey m ows he can free up the space to her melo.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/5/1...w-teams-planning-to-offer-2014-draft#comments

1.) "We need a rim protector ! I have never understood the lusting after Love. We need a player like Asik more than Love. How much better is Love going to be than a combination of Sully and KO. You have the rebounding with Sully already and scoring with KO. Defense is a big problem for us, especially in the paint. Love would not help us where we need help the most"

2.) "Agree, we need an Asik franchise center. Embiid will be franchise center too. Priority #1 has to be the center spot. I don’t have the tolerance to put up with a floundering season again for the sake of losing games for “player development”. Kevin Love will not get us to a championship level without us having a quality center."

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Some of you are going to be terribly disappointed. Harden isn't going anywhere.

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Morey about to go 3 for 3 the past three summers. Has anyone ever gotten three all-stars three years in a row?

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I feel sorry for them.:( We have two great rim protectors and they have none!..:grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.