1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Houston plans to pursue Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't know about that. We clearly had more to offer than the Lakers did, yet Dwight still ended up a Laker. This leads me to think we didn't offer up the farm for Dwight because we weren't sure if he'd stay.

2. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

They wouldn't want Lin.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If the Timberwolves decided to move Love - do many anticipate it will be during this offseason? Or just before the trade deadline?

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

The incentive is to not waste a season with Harden and Howard where there is no chance at a championship.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The story might be that Minny is for the first time ready to listen to offers.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Any deal for Love will include Parsons.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

and more. Minny can get much better offers than the rockets.

8. gregas

gregas Member

LOL, yeah, you're right, I haven't thought of that. Their biggest contract is Dragic at 7,5 and then there's a bit of a fall off, because I don't think Frye opted in yet, so he can't be traded. LOL, they might actually have trouble coming up with the necessary salary. That's a weird problem to have.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Depends on what teams Love is willing to resign with. A team that merely gets a 1 year rental isn't going to offer more than the Rockets can and will.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

We need a third team involved
    Min doesn't need Asik

So

to ATL
    Asik + T. Jones

to MIN
    Parsons+ Millsap + Lin (salary reasons, count him as expiring)

to HOU
    Kevin Love

I hope Hou can add Brewer in this trade

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

All in.

Godfather deal. Parsons, Asik, T Jones two firsts and two seconds at least.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No doubt, any deal that doesn't involve Harden or Howard would still be ripping them off big time. Its probably going to take everything we have to get Love, and even if we gave up everybody not named Howard or Harden and all of our draft picks, i'd still be ecstatic.

13. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Legitimate question.

14. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

if you get rid of parsons and get love, you have to sign a guy like deng. or just a defender at the wing period.

if you don't get the defensive 3, the team will end up accelerating while being stuck in the mud.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Here's the most interesting thing to me about a Love trade. Woj can write all he wants about Love giving "assurances" to a hypothetical team (say, Boston) about re-signing the next summer. The thing is, under the current CBA, even "assurances" mean absolutely nothing because the players no longer have a financial incentive to extend in advance. Nothing gets signed because they're always going to wait until the next July. Dwight gave the Lakers "assurances" in August 2012, and well, we saw how that ended up.

If you're a non-contender like Boston and you trade for Love, there IS a risk that must be considered. What if your season goes poorly, and then at the end of 2015, Love has a clear route to exit and a destination like Los Angeles waiting for him with cap room? Those "assurances" aren't going to be worth anything, just like they weren't for the Lakers with Dwight.

Non-contenders are going to have to think long and hard before giving up prime assets. Sounds good on paper, but when you look at the actual practicality of it...

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Glorified stat stuffer who plays zero defense.

17. ThaShark316_28

You forgot that the trade for Dwight was DONE basically, before Dwight said "Nah, OK, I'll opt-in and stay with ORL"?

18. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Lin+Asik+Jones+Parsons+First round picks for one player?

Damn......

19. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I am not sure I agree of the realistic options. The only team I see with a better package is Boston. The top five pick has a lot of value but none of the rest of the picks will have much value going forward, but still, that plus Sullinger and another pick still may top our offer. The Lakers have nothing of value beyond the top pick this year. The Knicks obviously have absolutely nothing. I doubt he even has mentioned them, but the Meeks is sure to insert them into the conversation. The Suns have no great picks and no players they could really give up of value, outside of Bledsoe. Chicago basically only has Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler.

20. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Sounds good to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.