1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Houston plans to pursue Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

This "bond" just means Kevin McHale will stay on even longer if Love is acquired... which negates any positive contributions from Love

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We couldn't sign Melo after trading for Love, we wouldn't have enough cap space.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Now that i think about it, **** K.Love. Just go after Melo or Rondo.

[​IMG]

:p

4. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Hmmm

Trade Harden for Love
    Trade Parsons and 2nd round pick for Tony Allen
    Get Paul Pierce for mid level exception

Dwight
    Love
    the old truth
    Allen
    Bev

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

is it happening again?

[​IMG]

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

This is a "classic Morey" move because he has a history of firing coaches midway through the season, right? :rolleyes:

I know many here are still bitter about our first round exit and underachievement, but it can't be understated how ridiculously the Rockets will improve with Kevin Love as the starting PF.

Rondo/Lowry simply isn't as good as Love and I don't know why you're suggesting PF isn't a pressing need for us either. PF production has killed us 2 years in a row now in the playoffs along with PG.

7. tzou88

tzou88 Member

terrible

8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Looking at the Bulls roster, the only assets they have would be a package of Gibson, Butler, Snell, Dunleavy, the rights to Mirotic and picks (http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Bulls.htm) to match Love's salary. There's no way they would include Noah, and I don't think the Wolves would accept a rehabbing Rose.

The Warriors, at the minimum, I believe would have to start with a package of D-Lee, Barnes & Thompson - 3 starters from last year's squad. I'd say that would be a pretty decent haul. They don't, however, have many picks to include as they traded all those away to Utah to get rid of Beidrins and Jefferson.

I disagree, gregas. I don't think any non-contending team is going to throw multiple picks to Minny because there's next to zero chance KLove will re-up with them in 2015 (assuming he really does want to play for a winner and not build his brand as others have mentioned). Teams will not give up that many picks for a one-year rental unless there's a gentlemen's agreement that he will re-sign.

I do think Morey would be an exception. If he gets a chance at KLove, I believe he would mortgage the future to go all-in for next season.

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Would Lin + Asik + Parson win a 3v3 versus Rubio, Budinger and Pekovic?

10. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

So McHale might be good for something after all.

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I don't get it. Why would Minny want Lin when they have Rubio and Barea; and why would they want Asik when they have Pekovic?

12. downbytheriver

Classic morey move because it's all stats and fantasy basketball to him. Not a basketball purist or someone who gets the game (hence the disrespect by other GM's__), but I can't knock a guy for effort.

Love is a great shooter and a guy who can put up stats, no doubt, but is he a winner? can he set up other teammates? Is Mchale smart enough to implement a TRIANGLE OFFENSE with Harden and Howard? Otherwise it's going to be more iso and more horrible defense from this team, so even when Love get's hot, we still have a chance at losing. A good PG like Lowry or Rondo help with defense, leadership and most importantly, getting teammates in the right position to score shots. Harden dominating the ball isn't as effective in playoffs, he needs to be set up more.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Trade Howard for him & get rondo here

Rondo love harden / rondo Kg pierce

Is debatable

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Trade Asik, parsons, jones for Love.

15. Raven

Raven Member

And cats chase mice. Non story, because Morey chases every available star.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rockets don't seem to have a good enough offer to get a deal done.

They wouldn't want Asik because they have Pek who they are invested in and a good young center in whats his face.

Our picks wouldn't be good enough to be appealing.

Parsons + Jones + 2 picks is probably the best offer. Maybe include Asik in there to a third team for additional assets.

Lakers probably would have the best possibility with that very high pick they are going to get.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dieng, who I actually think is a better fit for them than Pek.

Anyway, what would our bench look like even if we could pull this off?

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is why "our best offer" may well have to be Harden.

Harden for Love. Then either use other assets to chase a perimeter star-- Rondo, Melo, Lowry, etc.-- or ask the likes of Parsons, Lin and Beverley to take up the scoring slack to the extent that Howard and Love need more scoring help.

There is also Paul Pierce, who can be signed via MLE.

#98 Carl Herrera, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: As Houston plots pursuit of Kevin Love, Boston emerging as intriguing destination for Minny's All-Star. <a href="http://t.co/wYjX98jxna" title="http://yhoo.it/1nX4cyo" org_href="http://yhoo.it/1nX4cyo">yhoo.it/1nX4cyo</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/468142307263250432" data-datetime="2014-05-18T16:33:18+00:00">May 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/celtics-loom-as-intriguing-destination-for-kevin-love-211238504.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.