1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: House status for rest of 2nd round in question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Sep 9, 2020.

1. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

That doesn’t add up. The last thing hazmat suits make me feel is horny. So you’re telling me (1) he’s turned on by what he sees, (2) hits on her and (3) make arrangements to bring her back to his room, all while this woman is in a hazmat suit?

Either House is one horny dude, or the bubble protocol is a joke.

2. TimDuncanDonaut

There should also be a rule that Covid Tester must be a 4 or below on the attractiveness scale.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

typical Rockets, cursed!

DreamShook likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They better hurry up, less than 8 hours before game time.

The right decision, if allegation is true, House should not play. The rest of the players/staff/referees etc should not be compromised due to his stupidity. Imagine that for whatever reason this girl was an asymptomatic carrier and House caught something and he spreads it. NBA would look really stupid. I love the Rockets and I want them to have a full team available, but I won't fault the NBA for keeping him out if allegation is true.

5. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

So ... Lakers in 5? House really screwed the pooch. Our bench is tired ... needed another able body.

6. Lovemachine2000

Why do you think dudes bang other dudes in prison? For NBA players, a month in the bubble deprived of female companionship has got to feel like a year in prison.

7. gotsis

gotsis Member

Yeah, I imagine the discussion is around the fact that she could have gone in House's room wearing the suit and mask etc (probably have this on camera), but he must be alleging that they didn't hook up and that it was a continuation of the test or something like this.

Anyway, I think it's really improbable they allow him to play until it's safe to confirm he is not an asymptomatic carrier. Really bone-headed decision by him.

Landsdale, RayRay10 and DreamShook like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets should play House, the Lakers will have to give him open shots to avoid airborne droplets and he can play a zone under the rim to cut off lay-ups, it's win-win.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

True. This is where Harden should show real leadership and offer himself to his teammates.

HP3, daywalker02, SamFisher and 2 others like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bruh, did you see who Odell let sh*t on his chest!? these millionaires will smash 4's and below if need be.

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Good enough for me.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

He "potentially" let her in his room? So he opened the door and she didn't enter? WTF?

Or should that be "allegedly"? There's a huge difference.

13. HardenVolumeOne

Is that why tv ratings for the NBA have been abysmal lol. James Harden irionically enough might be the NBA's top draw right now( yes even over LeBron) when you consider the lakers/blazers first round series couldnt draw flies to ****, and the rockets vs thunder despite featuring a team with a small market had the NBA's highest rated first round series in 3 years. Now the ratings are back up for the lakers/rockets series and im supposed to believe its LeBron thats attracting the viewers lol yea right. The NBA is about scripted storylines and narratives, they have made James Harden the perfect heel. What happens when Harden is eliminated because the clippers vs nuggets series aint drawing high ratings either lol.

Also a lot of fans dont like the fact that they will know which team will be favored on that given night just by which refs is given the assisgment. You know its bad when a majority of the fans know most of the refs name instead of the players. Thats never supposed to happen, thank god the NFL is back tonight. When and if the rockets are eliminated in the coming days, i wont be watching the NBA just like the rest of america

D-rock and RocketRed84 like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

I have not followed Odell and his extracurricular activities.

Danuel House is a red blooded Houstonian. He has higher standards than Odell. He has too much macheesmo. A 5 or above is too much. A 5 or above is like asking a fish not to swim. Or Texas Ranger Cordell Walker not do a round house kick. House goes to church, he can resist a 4 or below.

BigShasta and RayRay10 like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

My guess is it's taking so long because it's not a clear-cut violation of rules. The league probably wants to suspend or quarantine him, but the Players Association threatened to jump all up in their ass if they do.

It's hard to believe they haven't been able to hammer this out by now, though. Especially with so much riding on the decision.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

FIFY

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

By far and not even close. No other league can replicate what the nba has done.

the closest was actually TBT basketball tournament held a month before the restart

#157 YOLO, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Only logical explanation is somewhat caught wind House invited a girl to his room. House likely did but the league is having trouble proving whether she took him up on the offer or they cancelled the plans. The only puzzling thing to me is that there should be cameras in the hallways. If the footage shows she entered the room, suspend him. If you never see her in the footage, let him play. I don't know why this is so drawn out. MAYBE the camera wasn't working, only explanation. House and lady are keeping tight-lipped and it's not like they can subpoena his cell phone because this isn't a criminal matter. Game of chicken to see if anyone corroborates the rumors

None of this explains the mysterious Tyson Chandler angle though. lol

19. riko

riko Member

Dumb . Seriously what was House thinking?

D-rock likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They got Bruno for ordering takeout at the beginning, which seemed like a genuine mistake. I wonder how much of a gray area this could possibly be.