1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: HOU trading Ariza + 16th to Detroit for Space + 2021 second rounder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Nov 18, 2020.

1. jowman

jowman Member

No idea how fans think trading Roco helps us in a win now scenario. He is way better and on a better deal than anyone on the MLE. Hell we gave up Capela and a first for him.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

His own ass.

3. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

So basically we traded Capela to get a pick late in the 2nd round, and an extremely protected 1st round pick. Damn, this team would've been way better with A) Capela or B) Covington. Now, what the heck are we doing? As others have mentioned, you aren't getting much better than RoCo with that money. Damn. Tilman... Damn.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, it is not.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What are the odds that the Detroit pick ever conveys to us as a 1st? I think we'll have to wait until it becomes a 2nd rounder.

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The answer is a resounding no. It is top-16 protected for four years, and top-10 protected for two more years after that. It’s top-9 protected in year seven. If it hasn’t conveyed after seven seasons, it becomes two second-round picks.

#246 DVauthrin, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Richie_Rich, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  7. Rocketsfan3422

Its not worth investing time and energy in this anymore. Until it goes back to the roots, im done. With what covid 19 taught me...I can live without the subliminal messages, programming, PC, politics. If i need basketball ill watch a throwback of some 90s basketball to get my fix. I personally hope the NBA and professional sports goes bankrupt, so the teams and players will play for one reason and one reason only....the love of the game.

Red.Glare, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Feel the same brother.

We will be on life support very soon the way this going.

Chamillionaire and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nothing we do make sense anymore.

I agree, if we are trying to win now should have never traded Roco in the first place. I was fine with the trade because it looked like we were rebuilding...but now I guess not.

If ANYONE has any dirt on Tilman, time to speak up.

D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this.

I don’t get the idea of freeing up cap space to use the full MLE. They had a really good player in that price range already.

this is dumb.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

With every passing day I understand more and more why Morey left the way he did and D’Antoni.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Incredulous. We traded a first rounder for a first rounder we get four or five years from now, and Harden's friend Ariza for nothing. If Harden was not angry before, he will be protesting down in River Oaks before the beginning of the season.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets is a bank that any team can rob now.

Tilman is the worst owner.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is a really bad move. I think it's about saving money. I'm a little sick right now. i just started drinking in anticipation of watching the draft. first one in years. now i want to puke

16. penny1magic

penny1magic Member

Bein a real super die hard fan for 25 years now, imma just let this relationship go now, I didn't quit on us I just feel we grew apart I stayed loyal but they became someone else not the team I fell in love with, I'll always remember what we had, it was real.. scolas first game vs the jazz, yao coming back at the tunnel to play the Lakers, mutombo finding the fountain of youth vs the blazers, Josh to dwight, coming back from 3-1 vs the clips, the shimmy to Steph, 13-33, man if Mac would have stayed healthy..the franchise vs kobe, the super team on paper with sir charles, that whooping on robinson, gerald coming to defend cp3..that landry rebound vs the jazz, my first rockets game live sitting behind the rockets bench feet away from them vs the clips wearing my franchise, yao, tmac jersey all at once, at the staples center, I remember steve nod his head at me, and scola gave me the thumbs up.. pains me but Tillman took what I loved and made it his.. I'm ok with it now

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I understand the day he left. The Harden divorce is about to become very very nasty. I feel bad for James and all of us. It shouldn’t have ever happened this way.

D-rock likes this.
  18. lalala902102001

Another step into the direction of the inevitable complete rebuild.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is what it feels like to not have Morey as your GM, I guess

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This pick is so heavily protected that it is next to worthless.