1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Come on now, it wasn't that bad.

Maybe it was. :oops:

B-Bob likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fit better next to Harden than Westbrook did. Beverley fit even better. CP3 fit even better.

I'm not sure you could find a worse fit than Westbrook.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Prior to Woj report there was nothing on Harden’s preference for Wall over Westbrook. The two went on social media to dispel any notions that they are at odds. Again context. We do not know what context Woj was speaking about. He said “Harden had a preference for Wall over Westbrook”. Did he have this preference all along since the season ended or once when he was pressed to choose due to pending potential trade? I find it fascinating if this is true. Again murky reporting with unknown sources and lack of specifics.

4. lalala902102001

This is likely the last stand with Harden...if this season doesn't work out he's gone. Wall is a big question mark with his health but if Harden is gone during or after this season we are going into a full rebuild mode and it really doesn't matter that much if Wall plays or not. That's probably Stone's logic behind the trade.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

So far GM Harden is 0-2

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

WB didn't ask to be traded here..... that was Tillman's and Harden's doing. I still don't understand why Harden wanted WB over CP3 if he was just going to continue to get his stats.....

7. dmoneybangbang

Yea injured players who overly rely on their athleticism will do that in the playoffs....

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol yeah honestly IF we just assume everything is on Harden...

Originally wanting Dwight was a pretty good idea. Not his fault Dwight pouted and refused to conform to the new NBA
    Not wanting to keep Dwight. Smart
    Wanting Paul. Smart
    Wanting Westbrook. One of the dumbest moves in nba history
    Wanting Westbrook gone. Genius.

Not terrible.

But I don’t think it’s ever been all on him making these moves.

Reeko likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

But better for the Wizards.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No trade is ever better for the team that gets stuck with Westbrook.

11. anchel

anchel Member

Or maybe, just maybe, his opinion is not as relevant as we're constantly hearing regarding team movements.
    Honestly, knowing a little bit Harden from what we've watched from him here in Houston all these years, it always seemed strange to me how "proactive" he's supposedly been at requesting moves. I can be wrong but does not look like that guy to me...

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

WB and Beal looks better than Harden and Wall.....especially on paper since Beal will actually play off ball and not dominant the ball

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have watched him for 8 years, I still do not know how he thinks at all. At all.

He is doing it great, he hides his emotions and thoughts, I had to accept that.

It would have been better if he was transparent, the GM would know how to proceed then.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Meh.
    Speculation

"Do you want Wall or the guy who wants to leave. ??"

Rocket River

LosRockets2011 and B-Bob like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

I can’t believe this post. I know we are down on Westbrook but Lin lol
    now you can follow Westbrook and go become a wizards fan to

jeevinesh likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Much prefer the Hawk's offseason. I'm sorry you can't handle any criticism of the Rockets.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really.

Westbrook wasn't willing to share the ball with the best player in the league and he can't play off-ball due to shooting about as well as Shaq. Now he's headed to a team with a guy who kicked Wall to the curb because he wanted to be ball dominant....yet another player who is a LOT better than Westbrook, but Westbook still sees himself as an MVP type. It's only a matter of time till that situation catastrophically fails, and the Wizards are paying someone a fortune to take Westbrook off their hands.

It took a first round pick to get Westbrook, it'll take 5 to get rid of him.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

that will be fine for what exactly? to make the playoffs ? I hope you aren't talking about a championship

19. riko

riko Member

No you have a long history of harden bashing .As for being a fit with Beal sure but I can see Beal getting frustrated once Westbrook goes into his usual low ball iq turnovers chucking bricks mode. Like against the lakers..

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lin was capable of playing off-ball and shooting 3's, that makes him better than Westbrook. I'm not saying Lin was good, but Westbrook is literally the worst.