1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

James is capricious. Always has been, I admit. I appreciate what you're saying, but if he has a great season, he might want to stay provided if greater depth is added. That[s a long shot, I'm fearful he will be gone in a week for that pathetic Nets offer. Simmons is the best possible return, but he is coming off an injury as well. Unfortunately, the entire Rockets organization is impatient, so is James.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Why? Because we only got back a very crappy first..? And what the Bucks have to do with anything? Just throwing it out there.?

You on the other hand are extremely optimistic as always and still believe that Harden will stay here smfh. Didnt you say that you would only accept Rui back and a first?
    Instead we got back a 2023+++ first but everything is fine and dandy?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Multiple sources have said Westbrook’s trade demand was separate from Harden or Harden’s trade request.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

Sources?
    Sure maybe WB officially asked for a trade first after he was informed from his ppl that Harden was packing his bags to move with KD.

5. saleem

What's next bro? Is James going to the Nets or Philly? I would hate to see that happen.
    Is Wall in any game shape?

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

the annoying thing about all this is that Woj reporting the situation as just “Harden preferring Wall” will make it look like Harden drove away his best friend in Russ and ruthlessly got rid of yet another player making Russ look like the victim of Harden’s clout within the organization when in actuality Russ is just selfish as hell and wants out because he wants his stats

I’d understand if Russ wanted out because Harden made it known he wants out so Russ didn’t want to be in Houston by himself, but when u want out because you’re mad about not being able to play like u did in OKC even tho u still had monster usage and finally made it out of the 1st round for the 1st time in years even tho u missed most of that OKC series, it’s like, man fck u

How much more could the Rockets have done to try and appease him aside from basically making him the face of the franchise over Harden?

He even goes so far as to not report to training camp? Smh

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ok...so...the team just rolls out Harden lineups with spacing? Sounds good! Better than rolling out lineups with Westbrook that statistically did not work. Yes, I'd rather have 2-3 guys to take up that $40M, but that was never happening after the embarrassing Chris Paul trade. This was all we had available, and we somehow managed to get a pick in the process to land a better fit of a player.

Once again...this trade has zero downside. Worst case scenario is they win like 5-6 less regular season games and go nowhere in the playoffs, which was going to happen regardless. There is literally no reason to dislike this trade other than the fact that there are some who still suffer from the delusion of thinking Westbrook helps you win.

8. saleem

Nook is a respected insider with connections.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Anything is possible, but that hasn’t been what has been reported and it also is inconsistent with I have heard within the Rockets organization. The Rockets knew of Westbrook’s trade demand by the time of the Silas/Stone press conference.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Don’t love the trade. I’m indifferent. Definitely should have gotten a better pick than that and probably multiple. Rui wasn’t possible anymore with the hard cap unless PJ was traded. I didn’t like Russ, glad he’s gone.

It matters because you’re a negative energy here and you used to be such a positive poster. You have two teams. You don’t have to be so mad because the Rockets are in a rut. There are plenty of other people with reptile brains who can be mad, you’re better than them. I once really enjoyed reading your takes now you sound like the people I have blocked on here.

I do think Harden will stay. It’s a gut feeling but I’m sticking with it.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Wall and Cousins were a packaged deal. Cousins and Wall trumps westbrick

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

So which one is it? Westbrook wanted out because he wanted the ball in his hands more? Or is it Harden preferred Wall to Westbrook? Maybe Harden prefers Wall to Westbrook because Wall actually wants to be in Houston.

clutchdabear, D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

I wish I was Hardens agent
    Never leave money on the table
    **** a championship you may never win
    Get that money to make up for those rainy days post NBA

Unless it’s all a lie

Fulgore likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most players are friends in the league.

They are childhood homies, they are honest enough to admit they need the ball in their respective hands to be effective.

Move on.

What is puzzling is that Harden wants people to play like Steph and Klay off ball, but he isn't capable to do so mostly.

He told Curry he wants to stop playing Heroball but it is the one thing he knows and falls back on.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was a good GM when he got CP3. I mean, that actually worked amazingly. The problem was that it went to his head.

SWTsig and clutchdabear like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think anyone knows what is next for sure. They plan to have Harden for the season and possibly longer if the Rockets play well. The Rockets now have 3-4 #1 picks they can move at the deadline if the Rockets are playing well and look like true contenders.

If the Rockets are bad, then they likely deal Harden either at the deadline or next summer and rebuild.

The Rockets floor now is that of a lottery team, but their upside is higher too.

To me the Wall trade was a no brainer because Westbrook wasn’t going to play and was a bad fit with no suitors, and that wasn’t going to change.

IvanLCPM, Deuce, clutchdabear and 4 others like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it not puzzling that Harden & Westbrook - supposedly childhood friends who were once former teammates on the Thunder - are not in communication with one another now?

18. malakas

malakas Member

What the..I have barely made more than 15 posts in the bball section the whole month but I am a negative energy?
    I think you are confusing me with someone else because I have hardly made any contribution to a discussion here for a while let alone be any kind of energy.

I mean seriously..stop trying to censor me. I haven't even expressed myself! lol

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Westbrook might have felt Harden didn't want to be here anymore and or didn't like playing with Westbrook. In any case, Westbrook at least gave it his all, cannot say the same about Harden. Westbrook won us games that we would've lost without him, at least made games competitive. Harden hangs his head when things get tough.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Why do you say they are not in communication?

Rocket River and raining threes like this.