1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

He demanded out nearly a month ago through shams and unofficially right after the bubble.

D-rock likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Astonishing that Stone hasn't made any steps to establish himself. I thought he might be different when he chose Silas as the HC. Smh.
    Jerry Krause was a lousy PR person, but he could stand up to Jordan. He helped to build a championship team.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden had a preference for Wall over the guy who didn’t want to be here and demanded a trade outta here weeks ago.

shocking...what a development

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Harden hasn't spoken to the media yet.

I'm going out on a limb and saying he will not speak to the media until after he's signed his extension.

Westbrook was a malcontent.

Wall being healthy is a long shot but he's a much better fit next to Harden if he is healthy. He's a plus defender, he's a good catch and shoot player and he's a much better floor general who doesn't rely on helter skelter. Unlike Russ, he's aware of his weaknesses and works on them. Russ just keeps working out with Kevin Hart's trainer to get stronger and faster.

If it doesn't work out, but Wall stays healthy he has a chance to really recoup trade value. Russ relying purely on athleticism and being 32 greatly reduces the odds of him fully becoming a valuable asset. As we saw, any injury to him renders him essentially useless. On the other hand, Wall claims to have played his whole career injured with bone spurs.

It's a big risk, but Westbrook forced a deal. I hated trading CP3 + picks for Russ. I'm pretty indifferent on this. I think it has a 70% chance of working out just fine. 25 % chance of being a disaster. 5% chance of becoming a true contender.

Once Harden signs that extension this week, I'm fully on board with this trade.

MultipleSauces, MC31B, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

You said Harden was signing an extension a week ago...

houston19519 and malakas like this.
  7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not all his fault, but the inarguable fact is that Harden is on his 4th co-star in 6 seasons.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ok if true Harden don't get to make no more trades.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ding ding ding ding.

MC31B likes this.
  10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I get it but I think it was probably since WB wanted to leave no matter what...

11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's weird to me Harden cares who the team signs and trades for if he wants out. Unless he knows we aren't trading him this year so he's trying to make the best of it.

Rocket River and clutchdabear like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He'll never admit it but he regrets the CP3 move.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook didn’t even like his role here even tho he took almost 23 shots a game and had 34% usage. He demanded a trade because he was upset about that.

the team even gave up Capela to appease him

it wasn’t enough

Do y’all realize how pathetic that is and how bad it makes him look? Russ wasn’t even coming to freaking training camp.

Wall won’t be crying because he’s not able to average a triple double in addition to taking tons of shots and having the ball all the time.

idiots in this thread are talking like Russ wanted to be here and Harden demanded he gets dealt for Wall...no fools, Russ wanted out, and made it clear he wanted out, so yeah, Harden would now prefer Wall over angry, upset Westbrook crying even tho Harden took a backseat for like 2 months to let this dude shine

14. malakas

malakas Member

right after the bubble?

That's news to me. Source?

I thought WB asked out after he found out Harden was planning to go to BKN.

wesbound likes this.
  15. wesbound

wesbound Member

How much truth is there to this?
    Harden & WB are good friends.
    Is it because WB knows Harden & his game doesn't fit that's why he wants out?
    Or
    Is it because he wants out after knowing Harden wants Wall?
    Or
    Is it because WB really wants to run his team like has been doing so in OKC... which has proofed to not go far.

Always some bs drama in Rockets land...
    Harden never got far in the playoff mainly because he had nobody, and when he's finally paired with an all-star... they break down with some type of injuries in the playoff when it counts.

And now he's paired with a former star in Cousin and Wall...
    both haven't played in a real game for over 3+ years combined.

malakas likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Codeman mentioned Westbrook being unhappy with the management in early October. He mentioned Westbrook has been unhappy right after they lost the lakers series with Tillman

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I can pretty much tell you guys who he wants to play with next. Demar Derozan.

18. malakas

malakas Member

That doesn't mean he asked out after the bubble.

Bill Simmons pretty much said it was because WB found out that Harden was planning to go to BKN.

Now I don't trust Simmons but I trust him more than Codeman.

19. alethios

alethios Member

The Harden hate has a life of its own and it manifests itself in these hot takes about how Harden keeps driving other stars away and controls who is brought in based on a whim.

Richie_Rich and Rocket River like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Well I trust codeman so far he has been spot on everything