1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is getting silly.

We can’t blame him for Howard

CP3 was a wtf, they played so well together, but sources say it’s because they are both such strong minded individuals, OK

WB, Hardens BFF who he had a big influence bringing here, for CP, for all those picks, only to last ONE YEAR? A Covid shortened year where homie was injured and missed a whole playoff series?

Now he wants Wall... he’s still giving his input on the future of our franchise... but I don’t see no retraction of his trade request, I don’t see no extension being signed yet.

We have now made 3 giant moves for Harden, we brought in CP, whom we traded for WB, whom we have now traded for Wall.

1.Enough of him being our GM, he clearly didn’t have a clue what he was doing pushing for swapping CP for WB

2. Retract the trade request and sign the extension

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

James is never getting a ring. mofo can't play with anyone. maybe Boston was telling the truth when they said they kicked the tires on James and said this is not someone they want to bring in.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

We'll never really know the extent of James' involvement in the acquisition and expulsion of these players, but the narrative of him being a toxic teammate is basically set in stone now.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'll sign the extension. Everybody needs to quit trippin..on that.

HATE this deal though.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

When I saw this last night, I just started shaking my head. Westbrook never really fit the Rockets philosophy of shooting 3's since he was so poor at making them, but at least the guy plays hard and is an intense competitor. So now after just one season and as the OP mentioned, a shortened one at that thanks to COVID, we get rid of him for a guy who hasn't been healthy for over 2 seasons? And apparently this deal was orchestrated by a guy that doesn't even want to be here?? So, yes, OP, I am with you 1000% on this.

PeterKingX, Andre0087, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  7. TheSource

TheSource Member

Not sure how we are blaming Harden for this one. His superstar teammate gets hurt and then plays like garbage in the playoffs while telling the Lakers to double him down 30 points in a elimination game. Then he request a trade in the off-season. I’m sorry but there’s a lot to criticize about Harden but not this situation.

8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Too much control.

dmoneybangbang and daywalker02 like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

If he wanted Westbrook gone then he should be awarded a medal for getting rid of that absolutely waste of space. Did you watch him against the lakers. Westbrook single handedly lost us the series

It was one of the biggest displays of a low ball player on show

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It's pretty clear by now that Harden is a bad GM. Let's hope he's a lucky one.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well I think what annoys me about it, is that Harden is making noise about wanting to leave and specifically go to Brooklyn. But then he tells Stone or Fertitia or whoever to trade "his good buddy" for a guy who can't stay healthy. If that is how Harden treats his friends, I am dying to see how he treats his enemies.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How long before he realized Wall sucks too and just requests a trade outta here

T_Man and daywalker02 like this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

when?

Boki4MvP and cbass like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What is there to hate?

We improved shooting, defense, basketball IQ, and got somebody who actually wants to be here, while gaining a first round pick. Health is a concern but I mean that was the case with Westbrook too.

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

LOL. Zero evidence of that being true.

icewill36 likes this.
  16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol yall are being SO ridiculous about this. Westbrook wanted out! He was demanding a trade! So if Westbrook doesn't want to play in Houston, and there's a very short list of people he can be traded for, what's wrong with Harden having input and preferring Wall? Woj reported that WESTBROOKS AGENT is the one who got these trade talks started.

All yalls reactions are acting like Westbrook wanted to stay, but Harden wanted him shipped out for his choice player in John Wall. This is nothing like that. This is nothing like last year with what he did with CP3/Westbrook.

abaker28, burlesk, Possum and 32 others like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is a kid in a limited candy store, he wants something new every year.

18. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Im not a Harden defender, but there aways seems to be some way the media puts all the blame on him. I agree he deserves some blame for the decisions being made, but not all.

Anyhow, I take this "had a preference" as meaning they asked Harden how he felt about the trade and he consented. That's all, nothing to see here. But maybe I'm wrong.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tf? Westbrook wanted out. Mofo wasn’t even coming to training camp...

NotInMyHouse, MGC, tc0330 and 25 others like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Uh, Westbrook didn’t want to be here. Westbrook is the one who demanded a trade. This post is silly.