1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

the BK deal is only something that could be considered next offseason when Harden would have way more leverage...at that point, it could actually be the best we can do

at this point in time tho, that deal gets a “Who do u think I am? Don’t ever disrespect me like that again” response if offered over the phone...if offered via text, it gets multiple laughing emojis

Boston84 and D-rock like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, it does him no good to admit it...it would just bring unnecessary attention

I do believe they were talking, but the convo is dead now because BK lacks the assets to acquire him...things will pick up when Harden actually has leverage next offseason

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

this Puccio idiot is embarrassing himself...just cut the bullsh*t already

if by verbal agreement, he means the Rockets said they’d trade Harden to BK if they could provide a young star plus multiple picks, then sure, there was a “verbal agreement”

if he means there was a verbal agreement for Caris Levert and the guys, then gtfoh

just stop

he tried to run with this garbage because if by some miracle Harden was actually traded for that moldy mayo sandwich that is the Nets’ offer, his clout and e-rep would’ve went way up

this is like holic’s “99% chance Bron is coming to Houston”

this obsession by some people to try and be viewed as an insider is so damn pathetic

Deuce, Patience, Boston84 and 2 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Trust me, it's not that hard to beat that Nets offer, it isnt going to happen. Even with one year left on the deal, someone could easily beat that deal.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

maybe not if Harden says he only wants to be in, and will only re-sign with, Brooklyn...he would have way more leverage with only 1 year left on his deal

u won’t be getting a star or multiple picks/pick swaps in that scenario from other teams

Boston84 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh we will be getting a significantly worse deal. BUT.....we wont be trading him to Brooklyn. Their deal is that bad. We will get worse deals but easy to beat offers for Brooklyn.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could not agree more.

See AD as proof. I dont care about the age disparity, there is a massive performance disparity favoring Harden.

Even with his one championship after the fact.

Boston84 and HP3 like this.
  8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Yea that deal was never going to be agreed to in a verbal agreement w 2 years left on his contract

Patience and D-rock like this.
  9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

im gonna say tho and again it’s easy for me to say this because he’s not on my team and I KNOW what he means to yours but you really don’t want it to get to next season imo. U can’t give him leverage. Start off the year- hope u guys are playing really well and I think you will and bring that extension back up to him again.

if he doesn’t sign it then, then this situation becomes much more serious. if he gets into the last year of his deal- he’s gonna force himself somewhere and kill a huge return. Ideally u want Philly to start slow and then Morey and doc realize like listen dude Simmons and embiid just can’t do-exist let’s make a move.

harden with @ year left tho and having turned down the extension 2x in my scenario- it’s time to move on as hard as it is

csnerd84, Fyreball, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I agree that deal is **** and can be easily beaten. I’d worry tho very much about harden killing any deals if he has leverage. He could def scare off suitors- prob for Brooklyn is not onky does that deal suck ass but isn’t dinwiddie a free agent next year

HP3 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree...that’s exactly how I view things

Harden’s value will be much lower next offseason with only 1 year left on his deal and the leverage that will afford him

maybe a team gets desperate and takes the risk like OKC did with Paul George and Toronto did with Kawhi...1 of the main differences between those 2 players and Harden tho is that PG was only making 18 mil, and Kawhi 20 mil...Harden is making 42 mil, and just trying to match that number with players that could be appealing to Houston will be very hard and could decimate the roster, and you’d be doing that while knowing Harden could just leave u in a year

with AD, it just so happened that the team he wanted to go to ended up with the 4th overall pick and had young guys like Ingram they were willing to give away no problem because they were a 35 win team with those guys

Simmons is definitely the best option out of all the rumored trade packages, and I don’t even like Simmons like that, but he’s at least a young, established All-Star player even if he does have major flaws

#511 Reeko, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    D-rock and Boston84 like this.
  12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yea I agree and again it’s a tricky situation because your team on paper should be real good and I think woods will be a big help for you guys but the lakers are in the way. Your dead on about is contract too that 42 million is a juggernaut and extremely hard to match in salary.

also I think with a player of hardens notoriety and stature, after seeing what AD did to get to LA and as a Celtics fan I lived this unfortunately but the constant leaking of hes only going to the lakers and his dad bashing Boston it really did kill his value. Now ultimately the pels got a great deal because of lotto luck but that’s hard to replicate.

so you’re looking at teams that view harden as the last move to get them over the edge (Denver, Philly, Boston? ) but who can make the move for him and still compete? And who will do so knowing harden is a flight risk. Philly is your white knight and Simmons is flawed but u take that deal all day, I’d love Boston to get involved but don’t think they will sadly.

perhaps Miami if giannis signs the super max but again herro is a very good player but enough for a center piece in a harden deal? No thanks imo.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

One thing I havent said is that most likely that Philly deal will be there and blegh......as much as I hate to say this, that Warriors deal will also most likely still be there after a year. That Warriors deal is just so much better than anything the Nets have to offer. Whatever leverage he has, itll be very easy to beat that Nets package. I think that Nets deal more than likely wont happen.

Vivi and Boston84 like this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Harden turning down $100 million from us tells you he was serious about potentially moving on. No need to try to forecast or decipher IG posts. It looks like Harden was talked down for the most part and will go into training camp as a Rocket. Maybe things will change at the trade deadline if all our new pieces don't pan out and Silas can't manage those egos, we shall see. But, yes Harden will have the leverage next off-season if he still has wandering eyes. I'm thinking this might the final trial of Harden, Westbrook lineup however because I still don't see this team as presently constructed contending for a title. And that's ok, I'm excited for this new era and youth movement anyways. I loved watching the Adelman era Rockets.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't know why Rockets haven't traded Beard already and start the rebuild around a better player.

:rolleyes:o_O

16. riko

riko Member

People want to see a team moral sucking player or players? Read the athletic reports coming out about Leonard and Georges antics with the Clippers. Harden never misses games, works his ass off in the gym and he gets called a diva

D-rock likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He ran into the ****ing Warriors, just bad luck that hurts his legacy. If Westbrook would not have sucked so bad in the playoffs and House wouldn't have pulled his BS, Harden could of gotten past the Lakers. He played freaking great these playoffs only to be let down once again.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If we trade Harden, the Rockets should not consider ANYTHING other than what they are getting in return.....not location he wants to go, nothing.

DD

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Just stop man. Jesus christ. This team was not getting passed lebron and AD.

Lol @ at 6'5 center with no athleticism having a snowballs chance in hell of stopping the most dominant frontline in the league. All you guys keep talking about is westbrooks offense as if that was the determining factor. Team defense and lack of size are why we lost. Youre delusional if you think otherwise. They play the way we wish we could. Offensively small while still being big defensively. Bad matchup

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook being a scrub that can't shoot is the reason why the Rockets had to get rid of Capela. You can't have two players who can't shoot out there at the same time.

That's why the Wood signing is such a step in the right direction, Harden still has an above the rim lob target while allowing Westbrook to still be the only scrub on the floor who can't shoot. Now if we didn't have to cater to Westbrook, the Rockets would be even better but Harden forced that move and we're stuck with it.