1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah they've become extremely rare in this era and at the point of being non-existent

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

What if Harden does not report to camp?

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is a very real possibility. Same with Westbrook. They don’t want to be here and play for a team with no shot at winning. Right now we haven’t made moves that show I’m trying to put a team around you.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Same thing that happens when you don't show up to any job. You don't get paid. That's not saying much though, considering how much they made already.

D-rock, BamBam and treyk3 like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You are so negative.

I didn't put two and two together.

You're a Harden Only Fan.

I actually lived in Mesa in college for two years right outside of Tempe (near the shopping center with a 24 Hour Fitness off of Rio Salado). Go to Camelback, climb to the top and breathe in some of that clean air and everything will be better.

Plowman and Ramo$e like this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

He doesn't get paid? I know he is making lots of money, but the per game loss would be YUGE!

RudyTBag, s3ts, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

These new players have too much money so it's not as important as FEELINGS. Broke AF Ferntits needs to make a huge donation to https://www.3thehardenway.com/ and patch things up. Maybe get Momma Harden better courtside seats or something. Or maybe open up a Landry's Strip Club, make Harden a partner. Gotta fix those feelings man...

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. caneks

caneks Rookie

good. I can't believe those fools in front office offered this type of extension.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my sources say that's nonsense:

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I mean, of course there’s a real possibility Harden will get moved, and it’s not to BK. They don’t have sh*t to offer...

a BK package is only realistic if we keep Harden past this season...Harden could then dictate which teams he’d be willing to re-sign with after declining his PO which would really depress the market for him

Also, if u come out saying there’s some verbal agreement and all that’s left is ironing out the little details of a Harden trade to BK, but the reality is that Houston and BK have barely talked and there was never anything close to a “done deal,” how tf are u still gonna be talking about sources like this farbod idiot is still doing?

D-rock likes this.
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Let all these MFers stew (including Harden if need be) This trade should land nothing less than the largest return in NBA history.

Corrosion, Plowman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

per brabra

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know on paper it doesn't make sense, or at least i think so, Harden and Trae just don't look like a good fit to me, but the Hawks are definitely a team, if not the team that has clearly prepared to make a big move if you look at their roster and the last moves they made, i bet that they're working on a big trade or they'll at some point this season, whether it's for Harden, Kawhi, Beal or whatever.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think the Rockets convince him to run it back for one last go. Sign the extension before 12/22 and we'll work with you on a trade next year if you're unhappy.

Both sides win.

The Rockets get to give it another go and maintain trade value and Harden has more power in dictating his next stop (even if that's staying here) while maintaining financial security.

No contract could actually be declined when this was reported. It was leaked for negotiating.

#296 treyk3, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

If Harden actually signs that, and the deal is actually still on the table, then Tilman is truly off his meds!

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who cares? What's he going to do? Not play basketball for 2 years while his contract runs out?

19. riko

riko Member

Harden liked the Ibaka to the Clippers Twitter post and there was a report the Clippers have the mega trick up their sleeves, given how rich Balmer is that might be the team that no one saw coming. I certainly want more then George for Harden

Best offensive player in the league
    Top 3 to 4 player
    Arguably the greatest ISO player

Guys like this come only once every 25 to 30 years .So sorry, George or garbage Levart is not cutting the mustard for me

#299 riko, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  20. sabesque

sabesque Member

Does Harden start having phantom injuries to avoid playing? Does he go missing like Kawhi?