1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not quite sure why you think I am not chill when I am simply exchanging perspectives. Did I call you names? Did I even insult you or get upset in any way? This started out as simple curiosity for me, but if you are taking it differently, feel free to end the discussion. As for why I am still up, I was watching the Suns and Nuggets game which just ended not too long ago.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, but I feel I wasted minutes talking about some bearded guy.

I am sure you are a Harden fan or at least someone who respects Harden a ton.

I am not too invested in him, never was, and I try to be. That is why I limit my Harden takes every month.

If you cannot respect my priority, then I do not know what to tell you, please be offended if you want.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, but I feel I wasted minutes talking about some bearded guy.

I am sure you are a Harden fan or at least someone who respects Harden a ton.

I am not too invested in him, never was, and I try to be. That is why I limit my Harden takes every month.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

2nd best Rocket of all time and potentially interested FA, yeah there is serious respect from me. As for priorities, you are free to disengage anytime. I won’t be offended.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem with you, I agree we just postpone the convo until he is really signed.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

One player versus two or three guys. Harden is obviously the best of the bunch but is he better than improving 2-3 positions / actually having a bench instead of a bunch of scrubs?

8. RocketsDraftTV

harden was 5th according to basketball reference in there mvp tracker. So yes harden definitely had something to do with sixers having there best regular season record in 21 years

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

luckyman76 and YOLO like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well u have to factor the impact he has on the youngsters with his skillset. Do u think the development would be better with anyone that's not harden?

10. JW86

JW86 Member

I want him back just for the villain role alone. Show the world how awful the agenda is against him

fckbandwagons and Ren ason like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes. The gains you get from one even fading star level player, particularly when he's an all-time great offensive creator are far far greater than with a bunch of role players tossed in.

That's an easy one, honestly.

luckyman76 and YOLO like this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

In the short term, like next year, maybe the one after that, I agree. I'm just not so sure over the entire length of Harden's contract. I don't know what he's going to look like at age 36, 37.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

James Harden gave up some backdoor cuts and points in transition, but people talk like he’s some defensive sieve that hemorrhages points for your team when that has rarely ever been the case

ElPigto likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden would be coming back to a team with the most assets he’s ever been on. Tons or young players with all-star upside and future picks. This isn’t Brooklyn trading away a future to build a big 3.

BTW I’m not a fan of giving Harden a 4 year deal worth 160 mil. Sorry but not a good idea. If Harden would take something like 150 for 5 years I’d jump on it. He’d retire here and we’d still have room

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I actually wonder what 35+ Harden would look like if he actually lost some fat and weight. Remember how lean he was when he first got here? Give him part ownership of Houston’s finest strip clubs if he gets under 8% body fat.

Dacamel likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

3:02 mark

when Harden drove down the lane and whipped the pass behind him to Tobias for the wide open three, I pictured that being Jabari

Lebron might be the only player who’s better at controlling the tempo and organizing the offense

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. PatBev

PatBev Member

Would trading Tate, Tyty, Christopher, and KMJ not give us like an additional 12 mil in cap space? Garuba would make it like 14

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a beast!

20. dmoneybangbang

I’d be pretty hesitant to give Harden max, even 2+1 years.